Reverse VPN Gateway

LogicalUnit

Hello, I'm trying to set up a reverse VPN gateway like in video 1921. I've followed all the instructions, and it is *almost* working. I am using a Raspberry Pi with Debian instead of a LAN Turtle, and both it and my pentester client can dial in to my OpenVPN cloud server. The VPN addresses look correct. When connected, I can ping the local IP of the RasPi from the pentester, but cannot view anything else on the RasPi's network. I suspect the issue may be a configuration problem with the VPN gateway settings. My home network uses 192.168.1.x and 255.255.255.0 as its mask. In OpenVPN Access Server, Under "Allow client to act as VPN gateway for these client-side subnets" I have placed 192.168.1.0/24.

Is this correct? What should it be?

Okay, I have repeated this experiment using OpenWRT on my Raspberry Pi instead of Raspbian Wheezy -- and I get the same result. No connection between pentester client and the rest of the RPi network (turtle).

I've rewatched the video carefully, and at 4:43 there is something under Access Control: 192.168.42.0/24

Is this necessary, and what should I set it to?

Edited by LogicalUnit

My home network uses 192.168.1.x and 255.255.255.0 as its mask. In OpenVPN Access Server, Under "Allow client to act as VPN gateway for these client-side subnets" I have placed 192.168.1.0/24.
There is something under Access Control: 192.168.42.0/24

Notice the difference, realize what they mean and maybe use wireshark so you can see which of them is actually used by your network.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have repeated this experiment using OpenWRT on my Raspberry Pi instead of Raspbian Wheezy -- and I get the same result. No connection between pentester client and the rest of the RPi network (turtle).

I've rewatched the video carefully, and at 4:43 there is something under Access Control: 192.168.42.0/24

Is this necessary, and what should I set it to?

Same issue here.... I also noticed the access control part at 4:43 and am unsure what that is referencing... i didn't hear it mentioned elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

sorry to bump an old thread but i have followed the same tutorial that logicalunit has and managed to get a pi zero to work 

but now my only question is 

will the VPN gateway work if i had multiple subnets on the open vpn gateway turtle user 

for example

10.0.1.10/24

192.168.1.1/24

10.1.10.1/24

if am constantly moving between offices and dont want to reconfigure the client.ovpn file for turtle all the time 

will having multiple addresses work 

i have tried to configure it but had no luck with it any help will be greatly appreciated .

Thank's