Thanks for the kick in the butt sud0nick. 

It is no longer a door stop as It is actually up and running. My Kali laptop had issues with running simultaneous PCI and USB ethernet connections. Once I sorted that out, the simple "C" connect using saved settings worked just fine. I noticed you have to restart the ./wp6.sh every time you disconnect and reconnect, but it is a quick step and it goes right back online. Play time! 

Now to figure out why my Windows 7 Laptop is not playing well with Nano. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25 July 2016 at 8:56 PM, kula66 said:

Still doesn't work ... I've tried running wp6, but doesn't seem to help. LINUX networking is not really my thing, so I could be doing something really silly!

Solved: For anyone else trying to get a NANO working on Kali and getting stuck, try disabling ufw and see if it helps .. worked for me :)

ufw disable 

Thanks for you help all.

On 8/6/2016 at 6:08 PM, Peterock said:

Thanks for the kick in the butt sud0nick. 

It is no longer a door stop as It is actually up and running. My Kali laptop had issues with running simultaneous PCI and USB ethernet connections. Once I sorted that out, the simple "C" connect using saved settings worked just fine. I noticed you have to restart the ./wp6.sh every time you disconnect and reconnect, but it is a quick step and it goes right back online. Play time! 

Now to figure out why my Windows 7 Laptop is not playing well with Nano. 

Can you please explain how you got the USB and pci ethernet to connect at the same time?

I was running into the same issue with Windows.
1. I went into device manager,
2. found the ASIX AX88772A device and right clicked on it
3. Click uninstall 
4. Once uninstalled, go to Action > Scan for hardware changes 
5. The device should come back up

After the above go ahead and configure your connection sharing per the Hak5 instructions. No need to add anything additional (i.e no gateway address). This worked for me at least.

On 8/14/2016 at 11:52 AM, razor2816 said:

Can you please explain how you got the USB and pci ethernet to connect at the same time?

I fixed USB & PCI both being on issue.  I think I was just being stupid.  Ignore the GUI Ethernet buttons and in the terminal ifconfig eth0 & eth1 up and then run the pineapple script and hit c.  Everything is up and running, well until I ran into another problem, but internet is shared now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 8:19 AM, ZaraByte said:

Every time you start up Kali Linux 2016.1 if it's a live boot you need to run a Guided Setup every time, and if you have Kali Linux 2016.1 installed on a physical drive then you'd wanna run the Connect using saved settings however if you connect to a new source of internet your gonna wanna rerun a Guided Setup.

One thing I'm not 100% sure on but normally what I do is do a Guided Setup after I finish the Guided Setup i'll run the Connect using saved settings option and then for some reason it will load 172.16.42.1:1471 otherwise it never will show the http://172.16.42.1:1471 after I do a Guided Setup.

This worked perfectly for me, thanks Zara!!

One thing I did notice, was that my laptop running Kali 2.0 also lost network connectivity. In checking, the routes the laptop was seeing, it was showing a default route using the pineapple IP. The default route to the Internet was also shown.

Used route -n to check the listed routes. Then, used route del default gw 172.16.42.1 and then my laptop was able to access the Internet.

• 1 month later...

on windows 10 whenever i share the connection through my wifi to the pineapple it always forces me to change the ip and when i click yes to share it, it doesnt let me connect to the site then when i change it to  172.16.42.42 it connects to the site but there is no internet connection can someone please respond asap thanks

• 1 month later...

I have played with this NANO for many days and wasted my time trying to get this thing working on three different laptops with Windows 7, Kali 2.0 and Xp (even). I am officially frustrated and I will now use this as a bullet catcher at the range. It will not even function well as a door stop. I will try again with the TETRA to see if I can get some satisfaction. I am not as much angry with the wasted purchase, but the wasted time. 

1 hour ago, Peterock said:

I have played with this NANO for many days and wasted my time trying to get this thing working on three different laptops with Windows 7, Kali 2.0 and Xp (even). I am officially frustrated and I will now use this as a bullet catcher at the range. It will not even function well as a door stop. I will try again with the TETRA to see if I can get some satisfaction. I am not as much angry with the wasted purchase, but the wasted time. 

On 06/08/2016 at 11:08 PM, Peterock said:

It is no longer a door stop as It is actually up and running.

????

Quickly looking through this thread, all I can see is that you have complained about it not working, then it working, and then it not working again. You don't provide any information other than "it doesnt work on windows". What happened to make it stop working on Kali?

Nobody on this forum is magical, they cannot help you if you do not provide information. Try doing this instead of threatening to shoot a device you payed $160 dollars for.

PS: While I would not recommend doing this as it may damage your WiFi Pineapple NANO, and while the device is much more functional than a doorstop, it does work quite well. Perhaps this is an easteregg:

pvw6TPA.jpg

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

????

Quickly looking through this thread, all I can see is that you have complained about it not working, then it working, and then it not working again. You don't provide any information other than "it doesnt work on windows". What happened to make it stop working on Kali?

Nobody on this forum is magical, they cannot help you if you do not provide information. Try doing this instead of threatening to shoot a device you payed $160 dollars for.

PS: While I would not recommend doing this as it may damage your WiFi Pineapple NANO, and while the device is much more functional than a doorstop, it does work quite well. Perhaps this is an easteregg:

pvw6TPA.jpg

I love it! LOL 

I thought I had it working on KALI, but after trying to download the modules and the connection failing again, I put it away for another time. I took it out several times since then and today I reached critical mass frustratingly speaking. I Like the picture and I think a short video of the NANO taking hits on a range would be funny. I'm sure many people have succeeded in implementing this great tool and I love HAK5's videos and tutorials, but I have no more patience for the NANO. Maybe the TETRA will play better with the internet on my machines. I'm sure it is my technical shortcomings that inhibit implementation. 

5 minutes ago, Peterock said:

I love it! LOL 

I thought I had it working on KALI, but after trying to download the modules and the connection failing again, I put it away for another time. I took it out several times since then and today I reached critical mass frustratingly speaking. I Like the picture and I think a short video of the NANO taking hits on a range would be funny. I'm sure many people have succeeded in implementing this great tool and I love HAK5's videos and tutorials, but I have no more patience for the NANO. Maybe the TETRA will play better with the internet on my machines. I'm sure it is my technical shortcomings that inhibit implementation. 

Again, nobody can help you if you're not willing to share information about what you're doing. You seem to be ignorant to people offering help.

Good luck

You are correct Foxtrot. I havent asked for help. I've read all the other posts and having the same issues of connection sharing (or the lack therof), and no answer that has worked for me, I assumed there isnt currently any fix for it. If you are offering help, I can provide specifics... 

So, after complaining and threatening... and reading you post there is help on this Forum, I pulled out the NANO once again and instead of using the Y cable - I plugged it directly into my USB port on my windows 7 machine. Then I shared the ethernet connection once again with the NANO. Now it works and connects to download the modules (for the first time). I dont know why it is working now, but it is. I will continue to load modules I would like to use and then try to use it stand-alone to see if it works as a man-in-the-middle access point. 

35 minutes ago, Peterock said:

So, after complaining and threatening... and reading you post there is help on this Forum, I pulled out the NANO once again and instead of using the Y cable - I plugged it directly into my USB port on my windows 7 machine. Then I shared the ethernet connection once again with the NANO. Now it works and connects to download the modules (for the first time). I dont know why it is working now, but it is. I will continue to load modules I would like to use and then try to use it stand-alone to see if it works as a man-in-the-middle access point. 

When you use the Y Cable, you are using both USB plugs, right?

I tried both plugs and it didnt work. I also saw somewhere that you could use the larger plug alone and that didnt work either. For some reason, plugging in directly worked on the Windows machine. I tried plugging in directly to the KALI box but no luck. I am using the NANO right now successfully with the DWall module (plugged in directly). 

1 minute ago, Peterock said:

I tried both plugs and it didnt work. I also saw somewhere that you could use the larger plug alone and that didnt work either. For some reason, plugging in directly worked on the Windows machine. I tried plugging in directly to the KALI box but no luck. I am using the NANO right now successfully with the DWall module (plugged in directly). 

Perhaps the cable is faulty... Glad you at least have it working now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello anyone out there I just recently bought the Hak5 essentials get and couldn't wait to use it, when using the pineapple I ran into a major problem. I'm new to the Pineapple and have only owned it for a day and a half now and only used it twice. On the first night everything was working but I was struggling to get PineAP working, have connected clients (also how do I get connected clients) and getting any modules to work. But now I cant even get my Nano to connect to the internet these are my settings for windows 10 and load bulletins or download modules, also I can browse the different pages but nothing works without internet access. Finally I'd prefer to use windows as it just easier than having to use kali (kali on vmware)

https://gyazo.com/5e1fcf750764cbe51055750afb231cb6

https://gyazo.com/466bd366614e0d85494c377fb74ef5fb

https://gyazo.com/9dbd2a5105b5e1b6c3caf6f0f5540cc8

Please help as I have read the hak5 forums and cant seem to fix my problem I am probably forgetting something obvious but cant see it. I was really excited to get my hand on a pineapple but now I'm just sad that i cant get it to work.

Thanks in advance. 

• 6 months later...

Evening Gents,

So I was excited like the vast majority to unpack this new piece of kit, however i'm finding it frustrating now that i'm having problems getting it to connect to the internet. I've tried on both Windows and Kali; on Kali wps6 seems to be down so I can't connect to complete that setup. via Windos 8 i follow the given procedures but still have issues. Any help? anything i'm doing wrong?

• 1 month later...

So weird issue, I have sharing enables and I can ssh into my nano and ping external sites, but I can't get the dashboard to connect to the internet and download modules or get bulletins.  I've read a lot of the forums and what not but can't seem to figure out the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem...  I recently purchased a Nano and followed the Pineapple University tutorials for installation.  I was able to get the Nano up and running with good internet connection sharing on Windows by following the tutorial instructions exactly.  Unfortunately, when I tried setting the device up on Kali linux, I couldn't get internet connection sharing to work at all.  I tried it both exactly per the Linux setup video, and also per ZaraBytes recommendation above to not connect the Nano until after configuring and running wp6.sh.  Neither way worked - whenever I got to the end, I was connected to the nano via USB y cable as eth1, but there was no internet connectivity from wlan0 (my internal wifi connection that I had configured to share).

I'm a Linux noob so hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.  Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I pasted some the routes, ifconfig, and wp6.sh configuration below:

Thanks!

root@kali:~# ./wp6.sh

(          (                                                 
 (  (          )\ )       )\ )                                     (        
 )\))(   ' (  (()/(  (   (()/( (            (     )                )\   (   
((_)()\ )  )\  /(_)) )\   /(_)))\   (      ))\ ( /(  `  )   `  )  ((_) ))\
_(())\_)()((_)(_))_|((_) (_)) ((_)  )\ )  /((_))(_)) /(/(   /(/(   _  /((_)
\ \((_)/ / (_)| |_   (_) | _ \ (_) _(_/( (_)) ((_)_ ((_)_\ ((_)_\ | |(_))   
 \ \/\/ /  | || __|  | | |  _/ | || ' \))/ -_)/ _` || '_ \)| '_ \)| |/ -_)  
  \_/\_/   |_||_|    |_| |_|   |_||_||_| \___|\__,_|| .__/ | .__/ |_|\___|  
                                                    |_|    |_|       v6.5

Saved Settings: Share Internet connection from wlan0
    to WiFi Pineapple at eth1 through default gateway 192.168.0.1

[C]onnect using saved settings
    [G]uided setup (recommended)
    [M]anual setup
    [A]dvanced IP settings
    [Q]uit

Step 1 of 3: Select Default Gateway
    Default gateway reported as 192.168.0.1
    Use the above reported default gateway?             [Y/n]? y

Step 2 of 3: Select Internet Interface
    Internet interface reported as wlan0
    Use the above reported Internet interface?          [Y/n]? y

Step 3 of 3: Select WiFi Pineapple Interface
    Please connect the WiFi Pineapple to this computer.
    ..........[Checking]
    Detected WiFi Pineapple on interface eth1
    Use the above detected WiFi Pineapple interface?    [Y/n]? y

Settings saved.

Saved Settings: Share Internet connection from wlan0
    to WiFi Pineapple at eth1 through default gateway 192.168.0.1

[C]onnect using saved settings
    [G]uided setup (recommended)
    [M]anual setup
    [A]dvanced IP settings
    [Q]uit

Detecting WiFi Pineapple.............found.

_ .           ___          \||/
       (  _ )_  <-->  [___]  <-->  ,<><>,
     (_  _(_ ,)       \___\        '<><>'

Browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471

root@kali:~# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
172.16.42.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth1
192.168.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     600    0        0 wlan0

root@kali:~# ifconfig
eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether a4:4c:c8:2b:41:28  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
        device interrupt 16  memory 0xed500000-ed520000  

eth1: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 172.16.42.42  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 172.16.42.255
        inet6 fe80::2c0:caff:fe91:b529  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 00:c0:ca:91:b5:29  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 1049  bytes 794662 (776.0 KiB)
        TX packets 1048  bytes 220353 (215.1 KiB)

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
        loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 68  bytes 4280 (4.1 KiB)
        TX packets 68  bytes 4280 (4.1 KiB)

wlan0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.0.91  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.0.255
        inet6 fe80::ce2f:71ff:fe70:681d  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether cc:2f:71:70:68:1d  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 2388  bytes 1134174 (1.0 MiB)
        TX packets 1174  bytes 151244 (147.6 KiB)

On 3/25/2016 at 7:57 AM, bitxo said:

but this is a Windows problem, not of WifiPineapple.
windows doesn't remember the connection between the two connections.

Yes! This fixed my issue. The Nano worked perfectly the first time I set it up. The next day, after rebooting, it didn't connect to the Internet. Once I reset the Windows ICS settings, it worked. So I guess that will be my regular start-up workflow. 

• 2 months later...

Hello Everybody, 

I am new and try to get my Nano working. I just went to cafe and got some clients. yeah!

However, when I plug my Nano into one of my Windows machines (both Windows 10, one German OS laptops, one Japanese OS Desktop), the Nano will not load the bulletins from wifipineapple.com anymore. It connected in the past. No problems when using my Android phones.

What can be done?

Archived