34 minutes ago, P.e.investigations said:

Hello Everybody, 

I am new and try to get my Nano working. I just went to cafe and got some clients. yeah!

However, when I plug my Nano into one of my Windows machines (both Windows 10, one German OS laptops, one Japanese OS Desktop), the Nano will not load the bulletins from wifipineapple.com anymore. It connected in the past. No problems when using my Android phones.

What can be done?

Firstly - Obviously you had permission from the cafe and clients before doing this.... If not, don't do it.

Secondly did you read the post directly before yours? it is most likely a windows issue not a nano issue.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, P.e.investigations said:

wp6 script seems to be for Linix, right?

Yes. Linux.

4 hours ago, P.e.investigations said:

maybe I still do something wrong

In device manager do you see the device? maybe you need to remove device and reinstall it to fix driver issue.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Just got my hand on Nano Pineapple. working fine with Windows 10 on setting up IP addresses and ICS as given in tutorial but  DOES NOT WORK ON UBUNTU 17.10 no matter what. It seems there is no easy way to set up internet connection sharing in Ubuntu in Network manager. Also when i run the ./wp6.sh and provide all settings correctly it disconnects the Wifi connection and the bulletin and modules are not accessible. Please help in setting up it on Ubuntu 17.10.

On 18/12/2017 at 5:50 PM, unispirited said:

Please help in setting up it on Ubuntu 17.10.

Not tried in 17 but worked for me in latest kali as the wp6.sh seems to be missing something since ubuntu changed something with network manager.

in a terminal, as root, run, 

nm-connection-editor

From there double click the pineapple interface made by the wp6.sh script. In that window select ipv4 settings, in the drop down list you can select Shared to other computers. save, restart network-manager or reboot and try again.

Let me know if that helps or not.

EDIT - Ubuntu 17 has replaced ifconfig with ip/nmcli so the wp6.sh script fails. Not sure what can be done about that. Maybe @Sebkinne  and his team is already on it? :)

• 1 month later...

Internet Sharing seems challenging for many as well. The script is well written and I liked it.

After connecting the AP eth1 to USB port on my linux machine and running the script, the AP wasn't able to access Internet.
To get the Internet sharing working, I've ssh to the AP and added the default gateway as follow:

route add default gw 172.16.42.42 br-lan

When AP eth1 gets up, the route would need to be added automatically in the AP.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had the same issue Error connecting to wifi pineapple.com. please check your connection while trying to load Bulletins.

I logged in to my nano via ssh and tried to ping 8.8.8.8 it worked but name resolving wasn't so I changed my nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf to my local DNS and it worked like a charm. 

Hope this was helpful 

Regards,

• 5 months later...

I am having trouble getting the Nano to connect to the internet through both Windows 10 and Kali linux.  I followed the tutorials for both.  I am more interested in getting it to work in Kali right now. I am able to connect to the internet by connecting the Pineapple to a wireless access point directly.  When I ssh into the pineapple, i am unable to ping 8.8.8.8, nor am I able to load the bulletins.  I tried Smurf4u's suggestion and it didn't work.  I reset the Nano to factory defaults.  I'm about to pull my hair out lol.

I am using wlan0 as my internet connection on the host machine.
eth2 is the Pineapple. Default gateway is 192.168.1.1.

Output for ifconfig on host:
eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether c8:60:00:cb:76:3f  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

eth1: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether c8:60:00:cb:79:c5  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        device interrupt 20  memory 0xf7f00000-f7f20000  

eth2: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 172.16.42.182  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 172.16.42.255
        inet6 fe80::1d29:1f29:85ee:cf42  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 00:c0:ca:a4:ca:1e  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 2486  bytes 1689004 (1.6 MiB)
        TX packets 1746  bytes 345056 (336.9 KiB)

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
        loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 1111  bytes 114657 (111.9 KiB)
        TX packets 1111  bytes 114657 (111.9 KiB)

wlan0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.1.8  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255
        inet6 fe80::2a05:bf6:ea26:f7d9  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 94:db:c9:9f:48:00  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 298957  bytes 441891391 (421.4 MiB)
        TX packets 168958  bytes 13962856 (13.3 MiB)

route -n output on host:
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 wlan0
0.0.0.0         172.16.42.1     0.0.0.0         UG    100    0        0 eth2
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG    600    0        0 wlan0
172.16.42.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     100    0        0 eth2
192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     600    0        0 wlan0

route -n output on Nano:
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         172.16.42.42    0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 br-lan
172.16.42.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 br-lan

• 3 months later...

ok I've now been through every post on the topic of getting a Nano to work on windows 7. Ive followed the instructions from Hak 5 video, configured sharing and set the nano ip address to 172.16.42.42. My main wifi in the laptop states shared and the name its shared to. The Nano has that name.

I can fire up the console and can log in. However when attempting to download bulletins the nano will not connect. As I see it it should connect via the main wifi installed in my laptop. I get the following Error:

Error connecting to WIFI Pineapple.com. Please check your connection. I expect I,m doing something daft Can anyone help? Frustrating two days to get a plug and play device working.

Also does anyone know if there is a comprehensive manual on the nano?

Thanks

julian

Ah!

Sorry I didnt post to Public, Not used this site before.

Here is the Public Link

https://imgur.com/gallery/oOyMy87

Appreciate the help. I notice my Internal wifi is on the 192 network. That could be the problem? Pineapple on 172 Network.?

Thanks for any help

Julian

On 12/11/2018 at 4:55 AM, Juliuss said:

Thanks for any help 

Have you rebooted or unplugged/replugged the pineapple after making and saving those network changes?

Also if I remember correctly its your wifi connection that needs sharing to other computers and not the pineapples. Windows... its been a long time.

Yep I shared the internal wifi to the pineapple as I'm thinking that users see the pineapple and connect to it ( when pineapple connected to laptop via usb) and the Internet access is provided by the link from pineapple to the internal wifi therefore giving you the opportunity to read/ capture traffic running over your laptop. I'm a newbie so I may have test wrong! I do have the nano tactical so I guess in the real world I'd be using the nano with a battery pack and getting access to it via the extra wifi or via Bluetooth to capture data from the pineapple. Do you have a preferred android phone in this scenario?

Yep reconfigured Pineapple to show 255.255.255.0 (tried that before actually) and still no access to Bulletins (which I guess proves if the Internet access works or not). Could this be a faulty Pineapple?.  The software loads ok..Are there any settings in the software I need to switch on?

Many thanks

Julian

FYI I just ran through the Kali Linux setup and am still not able to connect to load bulletins. I'm having exactly the same problem as newbie in this list f posts above. Similar if config output as per newbie. Any thoughts? Beginning to feel like I just bought a door stop!

thanks fr any help. Let's fcus on the Kali install etc. Is there a diagnostic I can run against the nano?

Ok Kali and pineapple now able to load bulletins. Had to go through advanced options and accept defaults and then unplug and restart. Hope it continues to work!  I'll do updates now and explore further. All very odd!

thanks for looking into  issues. I'll pester you no further!

julian

Hi Foxtrot

I have a working Nano and am able to run Recon to see whats connected to which SSID and can select these and put into a filter in preparation to just focus on a few mac addresses for test purposed. I havent deauthed yet but will try soon. In the mean time I can connect through the pineapple to the internet from another test machine. All good in many respects but I think I'm getting a few things wrong as I'm now showing two SSID from the Pineapple Both of which have internet connection . One is the one I renamed to Corsham  I have a password assigned to this one and another open ssid one has appeared called Pineapple-2 ED6. I also notice I received a mini wifi adapter that fits into the bottom of the Pineapple I havent connected this yet. Could you give me a swift overview of how I should configure all this. I do have the nano tactical kit and anticipate at some stage connecting pineapple to android i have battery pack in preparation for this but for the time being I'm using a Kali laptop with USB connection from the Pineapple to learn the configuration and capabilities.

Many thanks for any help you can spare.

Julian

Just wanted to leave this here as I spent hours of frustration trying to get the internet sharing to work on Windows 10. Tried everything in all the threads here. Followed the video. Unplugged/replugged. Device Manager uninstall/reinstall. DNS/No DNS. Gateway/no gateway. Cable/No Cable (direct plugin). Different USB slots. 

I finally logged in as an admin instead of a user, followed the video after a device manager reinstall, and the bulletins finally pull. Would love to know why this worked, if any one can point me in the right direction.

Archived