I had a lot of problems with the wp6.sh script for a while but I reinstalled my OS and ran it first and it worked perfectly. I dont know if I had a setting wrong or what but after that it has worked fine for me. I was still on linux mint 17.2 I did a fresh install of 17.3.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks b0N3z.. yeah I want to try and avoid completely reinstalling Kali if I can, seems a bit overkill if I have to do that just to get the Nano routing properly.

There must be something i'm missing and it's probably staring me in the face :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered in other threads, i have looked, but to no avail :(

I have my nano connected to a VM of Kali2.0 on a disgusting MAC :(

I can access it via the GUI and SSH, and I can access the internet from the browser

I have run the WP6 script, but every time I click to get bulletins i get "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection."

Anyone got any ideas

Many thanks in advance

JB

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered in other threads, i have looked, but to no avail :(

I can access it via the GUI and SSH, and I can access the internet from the browser

I have run the WP6 script, but every time I click to get bulletins i get "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection."

Anyone got any ideas

Many thanks in advance

JB

I'm having the same problem. I just received my nano yesterday. I had a mark v before and never had this issue. Thanks whoever can help.

Hi all,

Anyone got any ideas

Many thanks in advance

JB

Hi,

What type of virtual machine software are you using? VirtualBox? VMWare?

What are the interfaces listed in "System Preferences -> Networking"?

Have you correctly identified and input the correct settings into wp6.sh? (A screenshot of your wp6.sh would be useful)

Thanks

Hello,

I just started using the Pinaple NANO. ik worked fine yesterday. but today i booted up and i couldn't get the pinaple to connect to the internet.

I've tried everything (read all the forrums etc.).

I followd the tuturiall step-by-step (default ip etc.) but nothing happend.

I even reseted the pinaple but again nothing...

everything seems to work accept when i want to load the Bulletins and get the message: "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection."

one thing that is different then the tuttorial is that when i "share" my internet connection in my other adapter there i NO drop down menu. i can only "check" the box.

any advice in how to fix this (anoying) issue.

probably an easy fix but have no clue... :rolleyes:

thx for helping

post-53303-0-83352800-1458746936_thumb.p

post-53303-0-42094100-1458746937_thumb.p

I just got my wif pineapple nano and im already in the dashboard but when i look for a conection to share the internet i cant find the pinneaple device, my source of internet is an external wireless tplink device how can i get it connect it? im on windows 7 , sorry for my bad english

Hey guys,

I got a Pineapple Nano recently, but it refuses to connect to the internet. First, everything worked fine, but after one day it didn't work anymore. I have a MSI laptop running Windows 10.

The Pineapple interface won't load the bulletins from WifiPineapple.com when it's connected to my laptop which has a fast ethernet connection.

Some screenshots:

http://pasteboard.co/2wOdaxON.png

http://pasteboard.co/2wOhGWZJ.png

http://pasteboard.co/2wOlN4hJ.png

I've factory reset the nano many times, but without results. Followed the instructions on www.wifipineapple.com/nano, read other topics, and so on.

Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

PS: 'Gedeeld' means 'Shared', 'Niet verbonden' means 'Not connected' and 'Onbekend netwerk' means 'Unknown network' in English. :tongue:

• 2 months later...

Same issue here as most. I see that the NANO is expecting a gateway IP address of 172.16.42.42 but the address I'm getting on my Kali 2.0 (non-VM) laptop is 172.16.42.139. Previous poster 8Bit also appeared to have a different address. 

The other thing I noticed is that after running the wp6.sh script (v 6.4), my dns resolution (in /etc/resolv.conf) now points to 172.16.42.1. 

Hey

I have just got my NANO, and this has nothing to do with the set up videos :/

I end up with 2 default routes, my host (kali2) don't have internet and the nano can't get the bulletins.

I have tried everything, i add/remove some routes, and use all the options of the wp6.sh, nothing changes.

Is it actually possible to get the this work having an Internet connection on wlan0 ? I didn't try with a wired connection but this is frustrating.

I hope i can make this work ...

On 6/9/2016 at 5:41 AM, Lemon said:

Hey

I have just got my NANO, and this has nothing to do with the set up videos :/

I end up with 2 default routes, my host (kali2) don't have internet and the nano can't get the bulletins.

I have tried everything, i add/remove some routes, and use all the options of the wp6.sh, nothing changes.

Is it actually possible to get the this work having an Internet connection on wlan0 ? I didn't try with a wired connection but this is frustrating.

I hope i can make this work ...

Every time you start up Kali Linux 2016.1 if it's a live boot you need to run a Guided Setup every time, and if you have Kali Linux 2016.1 installed on a physical drive then you'd wanna run the Connect using saved settings however if you connect to a new source of internet your gonna wanna rerun a Guided Setup.

One thing I'm not 100% sure on but normally what I do is do a Guided Setup after I finish the Guided Setup i'll run the Connect using saved settings option and then for some reason it will load 172.16.42.1:1471 otherwise it never will show the http://172.16.42.1:1471 after I do a Guided Setup.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

The first time i plugged the nano, i got the 172.16.42.1:1471 page, but no internet connection (on both host and nano). So i used the script to do the network stuff, there are no changes and when i look at the settings i get an IP for eth1 172.16.42.175 (it should be 42.42 ?) and 2 default routes, something like :

0.0.0.0 172.16.42.0 eth1

0.0.0.0 192.168.1.0 wlan0

I imagine then that all the traffic goes in the nano, so, i deleted the first one, my internet connection comes back on my host, but the nano stull can't get the bulletins. And i don"t understand why, since it can go in wlan0.

I don't understand why the nano add this route, and what actually does the script ? it sets some settings to share the networks ?

Thanks for the help =)

11 hours ago, Lemon said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

The first time i plugged the nano, i got the 172.16.42.1:1471 page, but no internet connection (on both host and nano). So i used the script to do the network stuff, there are no changes and when i look at the settings i get an IP for eth1 172.16.42.175 (it should be 42.42 ?) and 2 default routes, something like :

0.0.0.0 172.16.42.0 eth1

0.0.0.0 192.168.1.0 wlan0

I imagine then that all the traffic goes in the nano, so, i deleted the first one, my internet connection comes back on my host, but the nano stull can't get the bulletins. And i don"t understand why, since it can go in wlan0.

I don't understand why the nano add this route, and what actually does the script ? it sets some settings to share the networks ?

Thanks for the help =)

If your using Kali Linux 2016.1 you first wanna....

NOT connect the pineapple.

Download the wp6.sh then press the letter G run through that setup when it askes you to connect your pineapple plug both Male USB cables into a Free USB port USB 2.0 is recommended btw but you need both the USB cables connected to your laptop.

once the blue light is solid type the letter C on that wp6.sh then it should show you the http://172.16.42.1:1471

if your launch a web browser like ice weasel you should be able to access the pineapple UI.

However if you messed up the pineapple settings by deleting a route the best thing I can tell you is to reset the NANO back to default and after you setup the pineapple run through the steps I said above.

Hello,

I started over and did everything you said above, and i can connect and have the 3 ascii logo.

But it also says 'Host unknown' when i do the C, and on the browser page, still can't have the bulletins. Why is this not working with me :/

Thanks again for your help =)

c: Unknown host
ifconfig: `--help' gives usage information.
Detecting WiFi Pineapple......found.

_ .           ___              \||/
        (  _ )_  <-->  [___]  <-->  ,<><>,
         (_  _(_ ,)       \___\        '<><>'

Browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue with Kali and a nano as described by a few in the thread and ZaraByte's fix resolved it for me.

• Dowbload wp6.sh
  • With the Pineapple unplugged run wp6.sh with 'G' guided setup
  • select all defalts
  • Connect Pineapple when requested

Bulletins don't work but .....

• Leave everything connected and run wp6.sh again
  • Select 'C' for connect with saved settings
  • It works to get bulletins

My Routing tables at each step .....

No Pineapple connected

user@kali-sam:~$ /sbin/route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.254   0.0.0.0         UG    1024   0        0 wlan0
192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 wlan0
user@kali-sam:~$ 

Just after running wp6.sh as pineapple is still booting

Kernel IP routing table
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.254   0.0.0.0         UG    1024   0        0 wlan0

After Pineapple has booted:

Kernel IP routing table
0.0.0.0         172.16.42.1     0.0.0.0         UG    1024   0        0 eth1
172.16.42.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth1

After running saved config for wp6.sh

Kernel IP routing table
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.254   0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 wlan0
172.16.42.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth1

Note the default gateway has changed from being the pineapple network to be the gateway of the internet router.

Thanks

Hi, I'm getting a similar problem with Kali instal on hostl. Works fine under Windows 10 dual booting on same laptop :( Get the same problem using NetHunter on OTO.

Tried adding routes on both devices, setting host IP to .42, flushing iptables on host, wp6.sh (latest version), upgrading f/w etc. I can't even ping from nano to 8.8.8.8 when ssh'ed in - so not DNS, but can ping host on .42. Ideas? Looks like a problem on Kali.

Thanks all, James

Hi.

Try rebooting Kali, but before plugging in the NANO try running "ifconfig eth0 down". I had a problem just today where my NANO couldn't be seen, because Kali was automatically assigning 172.16.42.42 to my eth0. Disabling that interface allowed my NANO to then use 172.16.42.42... and all worked well.

Alternatively, changing the IP Address on eth0 probably works too.

Still doesn't work.

In detail, if I add the nano to my Kali machine, the default route gets set on Kali to 172.16.42.1.If I reset this to 192.168.6.1 . If I set the eth1 on Kali to 172.16.42.42 I can now ping the nano from kali. I can now ping 8.8.8.8 from Kali and access the nano via the browser on 172.16.42.1 but can't get bulletins on the nano. I've also tried disabling eth0, Internet on kali is on wlan0.

If I now ssh to the nano I can ping 172.16.42.42 (kali) but not 8.8.8.8.

I've tried running wp6, but doesn't seem to help. LINUX networking is not really my thing, so I could be doing something really silly!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same issues trying to connect my Nano to the internet. I've tried all the above fixes with no resolve. I've tried it on Windows 7 and Kali 2.0. I now have a $160 door stop. I can post a video of Glock vs. Nano for fun... 

1 hour ago, Peterock said:

I have had the same issues trying to connect my Nano to the internet. I've tried all the above fixes with no resolve. I've tried it on Windows 7 and Kali 2.0. I now have a $160 door stop. I can post a video of Glock vs. Nano for fun... 

Where do you expect to go with that attitude?  Do you think it will magically work for you?  Keep trying, be persistent, respectfully request help if you need it, and it will work.  Maybe outline the steps you are taking (not just state "I've done what everyone else has done") and we'll be able to help you.  There are more cases of the NANO working as expected than it not so I'm sure you're just making a mistake that just needs to be discovered and you don't have a "$160 doorstop".

47 minutes ago, sud0nick said:

Where do you expect to go with that attitude?  Do you think it will magically work for you?  Keep trying, be persistent, respectfully request help if you need it, and it will work.  Maybe outline the steps you are taking (not just state "I've done what everyone else has done") and we'll be able to help you.  There are more cases of the NANO working as expected than it not so I'm sure you're just making a mistake that just needs to be discovered and you don't have a "$160 doorstop".

Nice rebuke... I was (partially) kidding. OF course I will keep trying. There are many variables to attempt. I enjoy a challenge as much as the next technically challenged geek. I will post my solution when I arrive at the summit. I would've liked to have used the time spent playing with my new toy though. 

Archived