[Official] Occupineapple

Whistle Master

There seems to be an issue with this module. When I chose to install the dependencies it does not work, it'll stay stuck on "Not Installed."Ettercap on the otherhand worked fine, I chose to install it on my internal storage and the "Not installed" button switched to "Working..." and it installed, so I'm guessing that there's a small bug in this module.

There seems to be an issue with this module. When I chose to install the dependencies it does not work, it'll stay stuck on "Not Installed."Ettercap on the otherhand worked fine, I chose to install it on my internal storage and the "Not installed" button switched to "Working..." and it installed, so I'm guessing that there's a small bug in this module.

Are you on firmware 1.0.4?

I recently downloaded the module Occupineapple for the nano.. And tried the RickList. The log shows it is started but none of my devices see the Rick list of SSIDs..

I tried it with the pineap both enabled and not enabled.. i have tried it on all the available interface choices.. still nothing.. anyone have luck with this mod?

I am running 1.0.5 it installed its dependencies, while others would not.. but the module doesn't seem to work.. I tried the ricklist on every available interface, and the log shows that its broadcasting but none of my wifi devices see the SSIDS

I have tried this also with PineAP enable and not enable.. nothing..

im on a nano

I will have a look with Seb for a way to include an help section for modules somewhere.

In the meantime, you can have a look in the MK5 thread which could help you.

The usage is really easy: select a list of SSIDs and start the module. It will broadcast this list then ;-)

Has any one else noticed, when running Occupineapple, the Nano gets extremely hot?

The antenna in particular, too hot to touch. Even in a cool room, out of its case.

Maybe other processes too, but I've noticed it using this mostly. I can temp gauge it if anyone is interested.

Worth knowing if you plan on putting it in a bag of kindling, petrol, small children. dynamite etc. Could be a problem. :)

Its those radios working hard :)

I noticed the same thing. Watch out for getting too hot, as i also noticed in the days after decreased radio sensitivity and not being able to pick up quire as many ap's or clients. And I'm pretty sure all my neighbors didnt decide to turn everything off as i can still pull everything up on my phone and laptop and see they are still there

• 3 weeks later...

Could anyone explain the difference between Pine Ap and occupineapple? . I'm not familiar with these modules as this is my first pineapple. I hope there will be a tutorial section for these modules one day... I'm sure there must be loads of people who's first pineapple experience started with the Nano.

Thank you

I haven't used the new version of Occupinapple, but the first one, my antennae's got hot....and my Nano locked up.... Had to reboot.

I decided to just use PineAp....add my preferred networks only in the "pool" ........ Turned on "broadcast SSID Pool" no heat, no lockups, no reboots.....

I would also like to ask the same question.....With PineAP "Broadcast SSID Pool"...... Why would I need Occupineapple?

• 1 month later...

Archived