Sorry ahead of time for the read. I'm just pretty stumped...and sad

Raymac101

Ok so I'm kind of sad right now. I figured the Nano would have been like the original, with the ability to get modules and everything. I had no idea they would have to be rewritten. Anyways, I guess my question is: are modules that were available for MKIV going to be available eventually for the Nano? I've seen Evil Portal so far, but (no offense to the dev) I'm not really looking for that. I would love to see reaver and aircrack-type modules. I was so excited to be able to use reaver. I'm a big fan of pen testing (but i am still new to the area). I love working in Linux (i just started using Kali, but I've been using Mint previously). Another quick question too about my nano being connected on my laptop. I use a Bootable USB drive to run Kali. Not sure if that matters, but i finally got it to where i can have my wifi connected to my computer and my computer connected to my nano, but my computer doesn't seem to want to share my connection to the nano. I've done as much research as i could from these forums and have tried multiple IP combinations. My home connection to my wifi router is the generic 192.168.1.1. And the default for the pineapple I'm assuming is 172.16.42.42. But is that the pineapple IP or it's gateway? There's a couple 172.16.x.x IPs I've seen now and one is .42 and one is .1 so does the nano have a gateway? Or is it my ethernet port that is the gateway? Also, the default in wp6.sh for my computer's IP (Host IP) is a 172.16.x.x....why? I'm running a 192.168.x.x network on my router. Is that just the way pineapple sees me cuz of the gateway? My port for the direct connection usb connection is eth1 i believe. But there's also an eth0, which i have no idea why i have a virtual ethernet port. Probably has to do with me being on a USB-run Kali. But the default when i run wp6.sh is eth1. But when i change it to eth0 it stalls on me and nothing happens. So I've tried a bunch of different combinations between IP addresses and eth ports. At least i know my wireless port is wlan0 lol (Also i just thought about this, i do have a USB hub which connects up to 4 USB 3.0 connections, and i am running both the pineapple and Kali through that hub, which leads to the same usb port on my laptop. ..hmmm maybe that's a problem. ..) Anyways, sorry for the long read, i would just appreciate any help i can get. It works fine when i tether into my phone though. No problems there....just a drag i can't run reaver :'(

I'm going to post inline with the wall of text of what I know, so here goes.

Ok so I'm kind of sad right now. I figured the Nano would have been like the original, with the ability to get modules and everything. I had no idea they would have to be rewritten. Anyways, I guess my question is: are modules that were available for MKIV going to be available eventually for the Nano? Yes, give them a bit to time to get things rewritten.

I've seen Evil Portal so far, but (no offense to the dev) I'm not really looking for that. I would love to see reaver and aircrack-type modules. I was so excited to be able to use reaver. I'm a big fan of pen testing (but i am still new to the area). I love working in Linux (i just started using Kali, but I've been using Mint previously).

Another quick question too about my nano being connected on my laptop. I use a Bootable USB drive to run Kali. Not sure if that matters, but i finally got it to where i can have my wifi connected to my computer and my computer connected to my nano, but my computer doesn't seem to want to share my connection to the nano. I've done as much research as i could from these forums and have tried multiple IP combinations. My home connection to my wifi router is the generic 192.168.1.1. And the default for the pineapple I'm assuming is 172.16.42.42. No, the pineapple will be 172.16.42.1

But is that the pineapple IP or it's gateway? There's a couple 172.16.x.x IPs I've seen now and one is .42 and one is .1 so does the nano have a gateway? Or is it my ethernet port that is the gateway? Also, the default in wp6.sh for my computer's IP (Host IP) is a 172.16.x.x....why? The pineapple is it's own dhcp server, handing out ip addresses in the 172.16.42.X/24 range.

I'm running a 192.168.x.x network on my router. Is that just the way pineapple sees me cuz of the gateway? My port for the direct connection usb connection is eth1 i believe. But there's also an eth0, which i have no idea why i have a virtual ethernet port. Probably has to do with me being on a USB-run Kali. But the default when i run wp6.sh is eth1. But when i change it to eth0 it stalls on me and nothing happens. So I've tried a bunch of different combinations between IP addresses and eth ports. At least i know my wireless port is wlan0 lol (Also i just thought about this, i do have a USB hub which connects up to 4 USB 3.0 connections, and i am running both the pineapple and Kali through that hub, which leads to the same usb port on my laptop. ..hmmm maybe that's a problem. ..) Anyways, sorry for the long read, i would just appreciate any help i can get. It works fine when i tether into my phone though. No problems there....just a drag i can't run reaver :'(

Okay, if you can do an ifconfig and post it up here we can get you straightened out, but basically you want to statically set whatever ethernet adapter the pineapple shows up in kali to 192.16.42.42/24.

You should familiarize yourself with the return key. Paragraphs make reading so much more enjoyable.

If you looked at the other 5+ threads I have, you would know that modules have to be re-developed, and they are coming incredibly soon.

As for your issues with ICS and IP ranges... 172.16.42.42 is the IP address you give to the NIC connecting to the pineapple. The script defaults the gateway to 172.16.42.1 because that is what your network manager tells IPTables when you establish a connection to the pineapple. The script is just reading the existing value from IPTables.

This is what the script settings should look like for your networks configuration...

V6uQaP4.png

Edited by Foxtrot

So a device can have multiple network interfaces each with IP addresses to discrete networks. What the wp6 script does is aid you in configuring the routing table to share an Internet connection from your host computer to the WiFi Pineapple.

If you post the output of "ifconfig -a" as well as "route" and the saved settings in your wp6.sh we'll be able to help you configure the appropriate settings.

Module wise many are being developed now and many more once we have the API documentation complete. You can also install any of the packages from the command line using "opkg" - such as opkg install aircrack

I'm going to post inline with the wall of text of what I know, so here goes.

Okay, if you can do an ifconfig and post it up here we can get you straightened out, but basically you want to statically set whatever ethernet adapter the pineapple shows up in kali to 192.16.42.42/24.

Thank you Barry! That straightens things out. Glad to know it is it's own DHCP lol Thought I was going crazy lol And I'm glad they are being rewritten. Though I'm kind of wondering why the same language wasn't used between versions...

You should familiarize yourself with the return key. Paragraphs make reading so much more enjoyable.

If you looked at the other 5+ threads I have, you would know that modules have to be re-developed, and they are coming incredibly soon.

As for your issues with ICS and IP ranges... 172.16.42.42 is the IP address you give to the NIC connecting to the pineapple. The script defaults the gateway to 172.16.42.1 because that is what your network manager tells IPTables when you establish a connection to the pineapple. The script is just reading the existing value from IPTables.

This is what the script settings should look like for your networks configuration...

V6uQaP4.png

Sorry, I have a couple of your posts, and what I read, I didn't hear about any specific modules being written. Honestly I really just want Reaver and possibly even Pixie. I use them on Kali, and I'm going to school to become certified in Ethical Hacking. I love computers, I love learning about the command line. I've done very basic programming with Java. I've done HTML coding most of my high school/college life, Javascript recently. I'm learning PHP, and C. I kinda want to get into Perl and Python too. I've done a lot of networking, which is why I was so confused with this Pineapple haha I'm posting my screenshot here in a second.

So a device can have multiple network interfaces each with IP addresses to discrete networks. What the wp6 script does is aid you in configuring the routing table to share an Internet connection from your host computer to the WiFi Pineapple.

If you post the output of "ifconfig -a" as well as "route" and the saved settings in your wp6.sh we'll be able to help you configure the appropriate settings.

Module wise many are being developed now and many more once we have the API documentation complete. You can also install any of the packages from the command line using "opkg" - such as opkg install aircrack

Thank you Darren! I've seen you all over this forum, and have read a lot of your posts. Are you a dev? It seems that way. Anyways, I'll be posting my screenshot here in a sec. The only other question I have is.....I see a lot of screenshots with people in their terminal, but their root is their pineapple.....How do I tunnel into my Pineapple to use the terminal inside the pineapple? That's what I really need to know how to do. I see it everywhere, but I've never seen an explaination on how it's done.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who has helped me here. I really appreciate it and you guys are awesome! I tried using paragraphs this time lol Sorry about that, I was actually posting that on my phone while I was out earlier, hence the lowercase i's and no paragraphs lol

ohRKKK8.png

Now I'm having different problems >:O It's saying my internet is 10.73.31.1....and you can clearly see that it's not....And now I have to disconnect my Pineapple to even use the internet (I've also had that problem before too). Damn...I felt I was so much closer last night :(

tZ0OliG.png

And when I try to go through the settings, it hangs on me after wlan0 (also has happened to me before).

IRjRmcw.png

I unplugged the Nano, then plugged it back in, ran wp6.sh again and this time it didn't hang on Wlan0 and I was able to change the internet gateway. Now it all works....And my internet works while it's plugged in. Wtf?

Oh...nevermind...my Wifi connection stopped working again (Unplugged my pineapple again to post this)....Sorry about these. I only have one more post for today after this. Trying to get my updates in one post lol

I noticed your wired setting for the gateway on your Linux machine is 172.16.42.1

While I'm still rather new at this, I'm thinking it should be 192.168.1.1.

I'd give it a try at the very least.

I do remember when I was setting up the Internet sharing on my Kali machine, I left the network settings as automatic. The only changes I made where done using the wp6.sh script.

As for connecting to your pineapple's interface...

Open up terminal and ssh into it.

SSH root@172.16.42.1

It will prompt you to trust its certificates and then your wifi pineapples password.

It should bring you to /root#

• Upvote 1

wps is my next one on the list.

Some modules are replaced (e.g. TrapCookies by a more general and configurable module ngrep with profiles, options, etc.) and some have now dedicated system modules available (e.g. LogMonitor has a system module for that).

But again, it takes times (a lot...) to completely rewrite a module and we have a full time job and the dev is done during our free time for most of us.

A lot of modules are already available !

Edited by Whistle Master
  • Upvote 3

I noticed your wired setting for the gateway on your Linux machine is 172.16.42.1

While I'm still rather new at this, I'm thinking it should be 192.168.1.1.

I'd give it a try at the very least.

I do remember when I was setting up the Internet sharing on my Kali machine, I left the network settings as automatic. The only changes I made where done using the wp6.sh script.

As for connecting to your pineapple's interface...

Open up terminal and ssh into it.

SSH root@172.16.42.1

It will prompt you to trust its certificates and then your wifi pineapples password.

It should bring you to /root#

Thanks HammerHead, will try that, and great! Thanks for letting me know how to tunnel in!

wps is my next one on the list.

Some modules are replaced (e.g. TrapCookies by a more general and configurable module ngrep with profiles, options, etc.) and some have now dedicated system modules available (e.g. LogMonitor has a system module for that).

But again, it takes times (a lot...) to completely rewrite a module and we have a full time job and the dev is done during our free time for most of us.

A lot of modules are already available !

Really? The only module i saw yesterday was Evil Portal. Where do i go to download others? And do i just ssh in my pineapple and drop them in there?
  • Upvote 1

Hi all,

Thanks to all the developers out there who are contributing to the community by transitioning modules over to the Nano!

Foxtrot wrote "A lot of modules are already available !".

On my Nano (running firmware 1.0.3) I only see Evil Portal and Module Maker.

SCREENSHOT: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s404/sh/b0902226-7097-40c0-80ba-2f41b7f042d3/c5766eda3b59962d4c86f69ac6938113

Am I doing something wrong or is my device not functioning correctly?

Cheers!

Hi all,

Thanks to all the developers out there who are contributing to the community by transitioning modules over to the Nano!

Foxtrot wrote "A lot of modules are already available !".

On my Nano (running firmware 1.0.3) I only see Evil Portal and Module Maker.

SCREENSHOT: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s404/sh/b0902226-7097-40c0-80ba-2f41b7f042d3/c5766eda3b59962d4c86f69ac6938113

Am I doing something wrong or is my device not functioning correctly?

Cheers!

No, those are the only two currently available, but if you see the module list here on the forums, the list is quite a bit larger. Think Seb or Darren have to click the accept button or something like that for them to be available to non-devs.

Edited by barry99705
  • Upvote 2