Removing 1st SSID from PineAP Removes Entire List

Havenbreaker

FW-1.0.2 Sanity Check

If you add a list of SSIDs to the PineAP Pool and then try to remove the 1st SSID from the list going down through the individual SSID remove feature it will remove the entire list and will not allow the list to be repopulated with the other SSIDs until you do a full Pool clear.

How to reproduce:
Manually add or allow PineAP to add more then 1 SSID to the PineAP Pool
Select the first SSID in the list going down so that it is populated in the blow field for ADD/REMOVE
Select to Remove the SSID and the entire list will be cleared
You can re-ADD the selected SSID and remove it however the other SSIDs cannot be re-added until you select "Clear SSID Pool" from the SSID Pool Dropdown.

Has anyone else run into this?

Clicking on help and then "Dashboard" will open wrong tab thing.

Also, my PineAP is acting weird (keeps turning off if I refresh page, but stayed on after 5th attempt or so)

@RobinTheKayOh I have submitted a Bug Report for the Help Module issue you brought up and Sebkinne is working on the PineAP issues today and an update through Module Manager should be available later on today.

Yeah this seems to be happening on the new firmware as well. A problem I have is if the first probe is my home network and it gets added to the ssid list then I can't delete it because of the previous topic mentioned. As I'm running pine ap fully open and I am using up Wlan1 , I use the 036neh adapter for wlan2 to connect Internet from my home network. It seems as if my network is added in the pineap ssid list overtime wlan2 drops and I can't reconnect due to a. My network not showing up on scan or b. It reads "false". I hope this helps with some trouble shooting. I know Sebkinne is already aware of the client mode issue as well, but for some reason I think this all ties together.

Yeah this seems to be happening on the new firmware as well. A problem I have is if the first probe is my home network and it gets added to the ssid list then I can't delete it because of the previous topic mentioned. As I'm running pine ap fully open and I am using up Wlan1 , I use the 036neh adapter for wlan2 to connect Internet from my home network. It seems as if my network is added in the pineap ssid list overtime wlan2 drops and I can't reconnect due to a. My network not showing up on scan or b. It reads "false". I hope this helps with some trouble shooting. I know Sebkinne is already aware of the client mode issue as well, but for some reason I think this all ties together.

One way top stop your home network from being added is do a Recon Scan and then add it to the SSID Filtering list in Deny Mode and it will keep unwanted networks from being added to the Pool.

I don't know PHP but could line 160 be the suspect code?

"If the first ssid in the list is the ssid we're trying to delete, reassign the ssidsArray to be the shifted value of the array. It should now be an array without the first value. If ssidsArray is an array, set $ssids equal to a newline-sepeaated string of ssids, if it's not an array set $ssids to be an empty string. Jump to 164, write $ssids to file."

I read that right?

# /pineapple/modules/PineAP/api/PineAPHelper.php

153     public function delSSID($ssid)
154     {
155         $this->communicate("del_ssid:{$ssid}");
156         $ssids = file_get_contents('/etc/pineapple/ssid_file');
157         $ssidsArray = explode("\n", $ssids);
158         if ($ssidsArray[0] === $ssid) {
159             $ssidsArray = array_shift($ssidsArray);
160             $ssids = is_array($ssidsArray) ? implode("\n", $ssidsArray) : '';
161         } else {
162             $ssids = str_replace("\n{$ssid}", '', $ssids);
163         }
164         file_put_contents('/etc/pineapple/ssid_file', $ssids);
165         return true;
166     }

Edited by audibleblink

I don't know PHP but could line 160 be the suspect code?

# /pineapple/modules/PineAP/api/PineAPHelper/php

153     public function delSSID($ssid)
154     {
155         $this->communicate("del_ssid:{$ssid}");
156         $ssids = file_get_contents('/etc/pineapple/ssid_file');
157         $ssidsArray = explode("\n", $ssids);
158         if ($ssidsArray[0] === $ssid) {
159             $ssidsArray = array_shift($ssidsArray);
160             $ssids = is_array($ssidsArray) ? implode("\n", $ssidsArray) : '';
161         } else {
162             $ssids = str_replace("\n{$ssid}", '', $ssids);
163         }
164         file_put_contents('/etc/pineapple/ssid_file', $ssids);
165         return true;
166     }

The issue is already fixed and a new firmware has been released (there were a couple of other issues).

The issue was @line 159, you'd need to remove "$ssidArray = " and keep the array_shift.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• Upvote 1