Case for the Ubertooth One

barry99705

• 3 weeks later...
Enclosure Options

YARD Stick One ships without an enclosure. It is designed to fit 3A-260906U from New Age Enclosures, but you will need to drill a hole for the SMA connector. Another good option to protect YARD Stick One is 5/8" clear heat shrink tubing.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/New-Age-Enclosures/P3A-260906U/?qs=%2fha2pyFadug%2f8b%252b28cIUBaW%2fCQCudQSc9D%2flOX0aIUKFC%2flMIdLTsQ%3d%3d You can use a drill/file for the hole to fit the antenna. The only thing I forgot when I did mine was to drill a tiny hole about where the LED was to have some visuals.

I goofed and ordered the white one, but here it is:

I have my ubertooth one in a rysc case. Even though it is a little pricey for a simple case, I would choose that even over making my own with a 3d printer just because the quality is top notch. Same case fits the yardstick one since the whole top is clear LED position doesn't matter. Of course I don't have a 3d printer yet so maybe my thought would change if that were the case. (no pun intended).

The printed case Barry did looks really good either way, nicely done!

-Mike

I have my ubertooth one in a rysc case. Even though it is a little pricey for a simple case, I would choose that even over making my own with a 3d printer just because the quality is top notch. Same case fits the yardstick one since the whole top is clear LED position doesn't matter. Of course I don't have a 3d printer yet so maybe my thought would change if that were the case. (no pun intended).

My thought exactly. I really want a 3d printer but this is the first real example of it being a useful investment for me at this time and yet while useful not sure they're at a price point where it would be worth it really.

I goofed and ordered the white one, but here it is:

That does look pretty slick tho, I'm just far too lazy for hardware modding (simple tho it may be). heck I would have probably paid you $20 to do that one for me if I had known beforehand :)

Having a 3d printer is really cool. I'm currently printing out parts to make a small desktop cnc router, will be about 2 foot square, maybe. Might go a bit bigger, haven't decided yet. The one thing that can happen with printers though is your part may come loose from the bed and stay stuck to the print head. Then you end up with this when you get home...

20160125_172846.jpg

That's the end of life for this print head...

From the top.

20160125_172839.jpg

New part will be here today!