Did you back the DK1 Oculus? Get a free retail one.

Rkiver

It's a fad for now. Give it a year or two. You'll get superior hardware and better apps for less money (and you'll have time to save up for it).

What you can get that gets close is a 10 hunk of cardboard that you can slide your phone into and have it be you head-mounted display. I suspect this will be most people's first encounter with vr headsets.

What you can get that gets close is a 10 hunk of cardboard that you can slide your phone into and have it be you head-mounted display. I suspect this will be most people's first encounter with vr headsets.

The only thing close about that is the formfactor. That's like saying an 8 inch black and white tv is close to watching an Imax movie.

I hope not! People will start thinking it's rubbish and be put off, when it's actually pretty amazing, with the right equipment!

Edited by haze1434

What I'm saying is this is what people will first use to see if it's worth getting the real thing. Kinda like getting a shitty X before shelling out on the real thing.

Yeah, too expensive in Europe. £350 and it would be worth a try, but way too much on a whim at the current price. Isn't there a (vive?) competitor coming out in April too?

You're thinking of Fove, which I think is going to be better than the Oculus. I probably won't get into the VR game for quite some time but Fove makes me want to get into it sooner.

You're thinking of Fove, which I think is going to be better than the Oculus. I probably won't get into the VR game for quite some time but Fove makes me want to get into it sooner.

Yep, Oculus had a chance to get in on the ground floor, but I think they have overpriced, so I'll wait and make a decision when the others come out.