timeout and MDK3

dre2007

So, I have had a couple of days of from work and I created a sketch of what I am trying to achieve.

Everything is going well but... there are some speedbumps on the road.

I can't use MDK3 and also timeout is a command that isn't installed.

Let me clarrify why I want to use it:

MDK3:

This is a better tool to kick off all asocaited clients then aireplay, aireplay doesn't work very good for all clients, only individual, at least this is the result of my lab tests. So, will MDK3 be available as an install ( opkg install MDK3 )?

Timeout:
Where does the timeout come into the playing field? Well, if I use an SSH app on my android phone and ssh into the box I can use the command airodump-ng. However, I can't stop it as I can't use the CTRL + C on my android. So a workaround would be to run it for a couple of seconds, hence the timeout command, just enough to find the SSID. I got my reasons for this ;-)

Question specific:

1- Is it possible to use MDK3 in the future and if not would you please recommend an alternative other the aireplay which I don't really like due to some issues kicking everyone from a network. If there is not an alternative, would you please add it to the wishlist?

2- Is it possible to use timeout or an equivalent command to achieve the goal I described?

Thanks for replying :-)

Question specific:

1- Is it possible to use MDK3 in the future and if not would you please recommend an alternative other the aireplay which I don't really like due to some issues kicking everyone from a network. If there is not an alternative, would you please add it to the wishlist?

2- Is it possible to use timeout or an equivalent command to achieve the goal I described?

1- Until the repos are sorted, you can download MDK3 here.

2- Maybe the command you are looking for is "sleep"?

• Upvote 1