Using nano with kali Linux w/out pineapple ap

lild4d

This is my first pineapple So I setup my nano on my laptop and I'm pretty sure it's setup correct i get no errors or anything when running wp6 in kali 2.0. I have a lan port and on board wifi card. I can't seem to stay connected to Internet through my on board card. The two AP are up but the only thing I can do is Connect to the pineapple ap and it says My card is connected to my wifi. Is the nano using my on board wifi card to use the Internet for the rogue AP for when clients Connect they have wifi??

So I said that's fine but when go to use other tools like aircrack it shows just my on board card wlan0 not the other wlan1(nano). So I want to use the nano to run aircrack and The rest of the kali Arsenal. The nano ethernet and wireless show up in iwconfig but says no wireless and also in iwconfig and I've turned them on. The pineapple nano is also meant to be used outside of the pineapple ap?

Also where is the development kit api at to add modules to the pineapple interface. I know html,css,ruby,rails,JS,python(can run Cordova I believe and convert code over to python code from other LAnguages)

This is my first pineapple So I setup my nano on my laptop and I'm pretty sure it's setup correct i get no errors or anything when running wp6 in kali 2.0. I have a lan port and on board wifi card. I can't seem to stay connected to Internet through my on board card. The two AP are up but the only thing I can do is Connect to the pineapple ap and it says My card is connected to my wifi. Is the nano using my on board wifi card to use the Internet for the rogue AP for when clients Connect they have wifi??

I also had this issue, I discovered it had to do with the routing tables.

Let me explain, the USB connection on the laptop will be seen as a network interface, some laptops like mine, are changing there default route to the Pineapple which is incorrect.

If you are connected to the wireless network with your laptop and you plugin a LAN kabel ( in this case the nano is seen as LAN ) the LAN will always be seen as the default route by design as LAN always wins from WLAN by design.

In almost all situations this is desirable because LAN is faster then WLAN..

To resolve your issue that you don't have internet access when you connect your nano to your laptop you should first run the following command your laptop ( I assume you have a Linux distro ): route -n

This will probably show that the default route is going to 172.16.42.1 ( AKA the NANO ) ( you will see something like:

Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface

0.0.0.0 172.16.42.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth1

192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0

The first line begining with 0.0.0.0 means that everything it can't find on it's own LAN network will goto the 172.16.42.1 network which, once again, is the NANO.

This should be changed to your WLAN gateway.

For example if your WLAN has a network of 192.168.1.0 and you gateway is 192.168.1.254 then you should run the following command, again on your laptop:

route add default gw 192.168.1.254 wlan0 <-- assuming wlan0 is your wifi interface card

Then delete the wrong route:

route del default gw 172.16.42.1 eth1 <-- assuming your network to your nano is eth1 ( look this up with ifconfig and find out which interface uses 172.16.42.x address and change it accordingly, probably eth1 but just check it as the eth0 is your onboard LAN adapter ).

Now, ping the internet again from your laptop (ping 8.8.8.8 ) and look if it is working, then ping a website to see if DNS works.

I was able to have the Nano Connected after changing the GW on WLAN0 to 192.168.1.254 and also be able to use the internet as well and Connect to AP management site. Still no internet connection for clients connected to my AP. Heres what I see

#Destination #Gateway #Genmask #Flags #metric #Ref #Iface

0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 wlan0

172.16.42.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 enx00c0ca8d7bed

192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0

now after setting the gateway on wlan0 like you said its all good but connection still isnt shared to the main wifi .

I could have my settings wrong and the bulletin on the main page that says check for news never loads.

Im using kali 2.0 and I always get weird long names for ethernet and wireless adapters not just wlan1 and eth1

Also when SSH into the nano im unable to get updates keeps saying no connection or Reset by peer so I cant update opkg in order to add my USB wireless adapter to the nano because right now it wont recognize it at all.

• 3 months later...

All,

sorry for picking up this quite old post, but was there a solution found?

I got the exact same problem with my Nano + Kali here.

Once I connect the Nano, it will overlay the existing WiFi connection on wlan0. I can then access the Dashboard via the browser, but not the internet.

If I add the default route and delete the one that does lead to the Nano, I can access the Dashboard and the Internet, but cannot load bulletins, etc.

Any help is highly appreciated!

All,

sorry for picking up this quite old post, but was there a solution found?

I got the exact same problem with my Nano + Kali here.

Once I connect the Nano, it will overlay the existing WiFi connection on wlan0. I can then access the Dashboard via the browser, but not the internet.

If I add the default route and delete the one that does lead to the Nano, I can access the Dashboard and the Internet, but cannot load bulletins, etc.

Any help is highly appreciated!

I just used the NANO for the first time in months last night worked fine for me on Kali 2016.1

made useless video showing...

watch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5AXFowLiQjldTl4c1o1Mk0xbVE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by ZaraByte