Introducing the WiFi Pineapple TETRA

Darren Kitchen

I now know what a drug addict goes though when they can't score any dope... If I do not get my Tetra soon, I'm going to start killing off my online profiles one at a time, then I'm going to commit digital suicide right here in front of everyone.

You wouldn't do it... It's just a cry for help.

I now know what a drug addict goes though when they can't score any dope... If I do not get my Tetra soon, I'm going to start killing off my online profiles one at a time, then I'm going to commit digital suicide right here in front of everyone.

I triple-dog dare you.

Lol......just send mine when everything works properly, and as expected .... Is all I want.

• 2 weeks later...

WIll you still be selling the mark v and if not can I change the interface on the tetra to the mark v interface? I like that one more.

I believe that they've stopped making the Mark V. If you want the old interface back, you could try replicating it by modifying the CSS to make it look like the old one but I don't know if that would work out. The coding with the new NANO is completely different.

Edited by M47H3W

WIll you still be selling the mark v and if not can I change the interface on the tetra to the mark v interface? I like that one more.

Mark V is not produced anymore due to the unavailability of one of the core components: the manufacturer does not produce it anymore.

The TETRA already includes four onboard boosters and ships with 5 dBi SMA antennas. Like I said -- it's a powerhouse. Try the stock config before upgrading -- I think you'll be pleased :)

@DarrenKitchen

I'm just now seeing this post, and I bought the Nano (Developers Pack) when it was released on the first day.

Now the TETRA is showing "Sold Out".

I never got an email that it was being sold.

Can I still order this and if not can you make an exception?

Edited by undercoverhacker

Any updates on when the Tertra will be in stock?

Check on the shipping thread on the TETRA forum. They should be enroute to Hak5 now and there may be some left after they fulfill the pre-orders. Obviously this batch will go towards satisfying the people who had orders in already. Darren can probably provide more insight as to whether there are still some up for grabs on this shipment.

Hoping to have one in hand within the next 1-2 weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Developing this hardware requires an immense amount of time and resources

Agree, I do similar work with embedded/handheld devices and unless you do likewise it's hard to appreciate how much effort these take.

The next hardware project on the horizon for us is what we're dubbing the "Pineapple Core" -- an ARM-based companion device for both WiFi Pineapples in the 6th generation line.

Sounds great, I'm in line! The whole point behind these devices is because the work you do makes it easier for us. We could do our own companion device (e.g beagle) but it's so much better when you can do all that and package it up nicely together.

• 4 months later...