[Official] nmap

Whistle Master

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Spoonish said:

Were you able to pin point your possible fix?

The libpcap issue is sorted in 1.5 - but i think the sym link for nmap was missing at time of writing this. so possibly still needs

ln -s /sd/usr/bin/nmap /usr/bin/nmap

dependencies.sh is my script to install / remove dependencies and could also be used for other configuration things but instead of using symbolic links, I prefer adding paths in the environment:

putenv('LD_LIBRARY_PATH='.getenv('LD_LIBRARY_PATH').':/usb/lib:/usb/usr/lib');
putenv('PATH='.getenv('PATH').':/usb/usr/bin:/usb/usr/sbin');

53 minutes ago, Whistle Master said:

dependencies.sh is my script to install / remove dependencies and could also be used for other configuration things but instead of using symbolic links, I prefer adding paths in the environment:

putenv('LD_LIBRARY_PATH='.getenv('LD_LIBRARY_PATH').':/usb/lib:/usb/usr/lib');
putenv('PATH='.getenv('PATH').':/usb/usr/bin:/usb/usr/sbin');

I just firmware recovered (2.0.2) my nano, formatted the sd, installed nmap module to sd,  installed dependencies to sd and it wont run - i get : -

-ash: nmap: not found

Maybe just me? sym link works in launching nmap but seem to have issue with history. So maybe something wrong/changed with env path method?

EDIT - Fixed history by "mkdir /sd/modules/nmap/scan"  so something not 100% right question is, just my nano or everyones?

I reset my nano to previous firmware and nmap, papers, keyring and get didn’t work.

nmap looked to scan but nothing showed up in the end and no log(s).

papers and keyring’s Dependencies wouldn’t load.

Get wouldn’t wouldn’t install.

2 hours ago, Spoonish said:

I reset my nano to previous firmware and nmap, papers, keyring and get didn’t work.

nmap looked to scan but nothing showed up in the end and no log(s).

papers and keyring’s Dependencies wouldn’t load.

Get wouldn’t wouldn’t install.

I'm not sure which module you meant by "keyring" (maybe Key Manager?) but I just booted up my NANO for the first time in a long time, installed the latest version of Papers from the Module Manager and everything worked just fine.  I then upgraded to the latest firmware and installed all modules mentioned above (Key Manager in place of keyring) and everything seems to work just fine.  @Just_a_User are you having trouble only with nmap or other modules, too?

Key manager is correct. Did you go from the 2.02 to the previous 1.xx version? Upgraded both the tetra and nano to 2.02  but I wanted some ngrep and nmap modules. So I reformatted the SD via web gui V 2.02. Then flashed the nano with the last official 1.xx firmware to end up with the issues stated above.

On 19/01/2018 at 1:24 AM, sud0nick said:

@Just_a_User are you having trouble only with nmap or other modules, too?

@sud0nick Papers installs to sd, dependency installs, builds cert, applies cert and redirects, can also remove cert. 100% OK. For me at least.

So far i have issues with nmap, get(on tetra) ngrep modules ( I haven't tried all modules), Dwall was fixed, I know the get module was never designed for tetra so maybe has a hard code issue somewhere inside it. ngrep had a dependency ipk issue but Seb aware.

3 hours ago, Spoonish said:

Then flashed the nano with the last official 1.xx firmware to end up with the issues stated above.

Did you have a factory flash file for 1.xx? if you flashed one of the upgrade bin files that could be messing with it.

15 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Did you have a factory flash file for 1.xx? if you flashed one of the upgrade bin files that could be messing with it.

I used the one from the hak5 download site. Not sure if that was an upgrade bin or a stock bin.

46 minutes ago, Spoonish said:

I used the one from the hak5 download site. Not sure if that was an upgrade bin or a stock bin.

For firmware recovery always use the factory bin from the troubleshooting/faq page, its been updated now though so AFAIK you can only firmware recover to 2.0.2 unless you archived an old one yourself. https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq

4 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

For firmware recovery always use the factory bin from the troubleshooting/faq page, its been updated now though so AFAIK you can only firmware recover to 2.0.2 unless you archived an old one yourself. https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq

Is there any official links to previous factory bins other than the 2.0.2? I know I could find one but it’s buried amongst dozens of sd cards and usb sticks. Which ultimately isn’t the largest of issues. I’ll just plug them all into my 64 port usb hub ಠ_ಠ

• 2 months later...

I should also add that when I pass `find / -name libpcap*` it returns

/rom/usr/lib/libpcap.so
/rom/usr/lib/libpcap.so.1
/rom/usr/lib/opkg/info/libpcap.control
/rom/usr/lib/opkg/info/libpcap.list
/usr/lib/libpcap.so
/usr/lib/libpcap.so.1
/usr/lib/opkg/info/libpcap.control
/usr/lib/opkg/info/libpcap.list

• 1 month later...

@Whistle MasterOn firmware 2.1.0 - the dependency script doesnt't make the libpcap.so.1.3 link, Also the scans directory isnt made so history is empty. And im not sure what the history counter is counting but the number changes for me each time i open the module page.

EDIT - the latest firmware 2.1.2 the history counter is working again ?

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2018 at 10:04 AM, Just_a_User said:

@Whistle MasterOn firmware 2.1.0 - the dependency script doesnt't make the libpcap.so.1.3 link, Also the scans directory isnt made so history is empty. And im not sure what the history counter is counting but the number changes for me each time i open the module page.

EDIT - the latest firmware 2.1.2 the history counter is working again ?

what did you do to get the libpcap.so.1.3 working?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived