Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! Hope you are all safe! Good to see that others had the same issue ( and fixed it ) or else I was about to think mine wasn't good. 

I tried to use the same methods above, but doesn't seem to work. I'm on windows 10, firmware 2.7, and I tried several new SD cards. I formatted it through the interface, erased the original fstab and added the edited above and rebooted the pineapple nano but still doesn't seem to mount and show on my interface. I want to download modules but SD card is not showing up at all. 

I would appreciate anyone's help! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


The problem is solved, it was enough to change fstab to:

config global
option anon_swap '0'
option anon_mount '0'
option auto_swap '1'
option auto_mount '1'
option delay_root '5'
option check_fs '0'

config mount
option target '/ sd'
option device '/ dev / sda1'
option fstype 'auto'
option options 'rw, sync'
option enabled '1'

config 'swap'
         option device '/ dev / sda2'
         option enabled '1'

And then format the SD cards
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 1:46 AM, Rysik said:


The problem is solved, it was enough to change fstab to:

config global
option anon_swap '0'
option anon_mount '0'
option auto_swap '1'
option auto_mount '1'
option delay_root '5'
option check_fs '0'

config mount
option target '/ sd'
option device '/ dev / sda1'
option fstype 'auto'
option options 'rw, sync'
option enabled '1'

config 'swap'
         option device '/ dev / sda2'
         option enabled '1'

And then format the SD cards
 

This does not fix the issue for me. What else did you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
step 1:
factory reset wifi pineapple nano
step 2:
formatting the SD card using the SD CARD Formatter program
step 3:
formatting SD card with GUI - wifi pineapple nano
step 4:
restart the device
Maybe it will be helpful ... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed that seemed to work for me.

I downgraded to 2.6.2 which formatted the card ok but after a few minutes of use it would drop the sd card, then on a reboot it wouldn't show up. In the logs I got a few bad block errors. So I fully (like a slow long full format) formatted it through the SD Card Formatter app and now it seems to work ok. Somtimes on a reboot it will take a few minutes to come up. 

It's worth noting that I had this issue with two different brand new sd cards (samsung evo and a sandisk ultra) both seem ok now after a full format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 6:41 PM, Alan Giovanni said:

Hello everyone! Hope you are all safe! Good to see that others had the same issue ( and fixed it ) or else I was about to think mine wasn't good. 

I tried to use the same methods above, but doesn't seem to work. I'm on windows 10, firmware 2.7, and I tried several new SD cards. I formatted it through the interface, erased the original fstab and added the edited above and rebooted the pineapple nano but still doesn't seem to mount and show on my interface. I want to download modules but SD card is not showing up at all. 

I would appreciate anyone's help! Thanks

I just got my nano about 5 days ago, and my sd card mounted. I am using a ScanDisk 32gb. I used the GUI on my Nano, and Format the card. Working perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works!

Here's my 2 cents.  I found the same problem with the 2.7.0 firmware not being able to format SD and mount it properly using default settings.  I tried a bunch of things: resetting the firmware, using official SD Format utility to format the micro SD card and then reformat with utility in nano web interface, adding some of the fstab modifications other people here suggested.  Nothing seemed to work.

So, I decided to pop the freshly formatted(using nano web interface) card out of my nano and take a closer look at the partitions using gparted in linux.  In my case, 2GB micro SD card, I found two partitions taking approximately 1 GB each but both indicated an unrecognized filesystem format.  Fortunately I had looked at the pineapple SD partitions a while ago and remembered the first partition was linux-swap and the second was ext(4?). 

To fix the SD partitions (In my case sdb1 and sdb2) for nano, I formatted the sdb2 to linux-swap and the sdb1 to ext4.  (Note: for some reason sdb2 appears on the left side of the graphical display in gparted and sdb2 appears on the right which seems backwards.) 

Then I put the micro SD card back in my nano and rebooted. 

Seems to work fine now.

I do wonder about using a journaling filesystem (ext4) on an sd card.  Maybe another filesystem would be a better choice and still mount on the nano.  Same goes for swap.  Is it necessary or even good to put one on a solid state device like an sd card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 11:44 AM, five said:

It works!

Here's my 2 cents.  I found the same problem with the 2.7.0 firmware not being able to format SD and mount it properly using default settings.  I tried a bunch of things: resetting the firmware, using official SD Format utility to format the micro SD card and then reformat with utility in nano web interface, adding some of the fstab modifications other people here suggested.  Nothing seemed to work.

So, I decided to pop the freshly formatted(using nano web interface) card out of my nano and take a closer look at the partitions using gparted in linux.  In my case, 2GB micro SD card, I found two partitions taking approximately 1 GB each but both indicated an unrecognized filesystem format.  Fortunately I had looked at the pineapple SD partitions a while ago and remembered the first partition was linux-swap and the second was ext(4?). 

To fix the SD partitions (In my case sdb1 and sdb2) for nano, I formatted the sdb2 to linux-swap and the sdb1 to ext4.  (Note: for some reason sdb2 appears on the left side of the graphical display in gparted and sdb2 appears on the right which seems backwards.) 

Then I put the micro SD card back in my nano and rebooted. 

Seems to work fine now.

I do wonder about using a journaling filesystem (ext4) on an sd card.  Maybe another filesystem would be a better choice and still mount on the nano.  Same goes for swap.  Is it necessary or even good to put one on a solid state device like an sd card?

This worked like a charm for me.  Thank you!
Note: when I formatted my SD card using the nano utility, it only created the Linux-Swap partition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...