Questions about wp6.sh

Onus

Hi,

I am new to Pineapple and Hak5 so "hey".

I hope you can point me in the right direction with a few things.

First of all i am using Kali to drive my Pineapple and have followed the setup video posted and can see the latest bulitens so therfore have an internet connection however something doesnt look right on the terminal screen.

As you can see below this is what I see when i press © to connect with saved settings.

Ping unknown host pops up everywhere???

Specify Default Gateway IP Address: 192.168.1.254

.ping: unknown host

Settings saved.

Saved Settings: Share Internet connection from wlan0

.ping: unknown host e at eth1 through default gateway 192.168.1.254

.ping: unknown host saved settings

[G]uided setup (recommended)

[A]dvanced IP settings

Detecting WiFi Pineapple...ping: unknown host

Can anyone help.??

Also i have been playing with the AP and i can connect and phone/ipad ect says i am connect to the internet however i cannout use the internet and only see a splash page "Wrt nodogsplash" or that the case your device says you are connected but you actually cant use the internet and browse ect.

sorry to be long winded.

steben

I am having the same issue, I have been doing some testing with Darren as he hasn't been able to replicate the bug the we are getting with the wp6.sh script.

In the meantime, using another USB wifi card, you should be able to provide internet to your clients .... I assume thats the main issue.... you wanna share the net from your linux box to the pineapple and the wp6.sh script wont "Detect" the pineapple.

Im sure Seb or Darren will be looking into more cases of this as it arises. I assume its a issue with reconnecing after inital config, at one point it began to stop being assigned a IPv4 via DCHP... Me and Darren circumvented this by assigning it a IP manualy.

I still have no route to 172.16.48.1 though. Even though its reachable by clients and shows the NoDogSplash. If anyone else is having this issue, stand up and tell us the steps to replicate.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed that the www.wifipineapple.com website was reorganized & updated. Good thing, I had trouble find stuff with all the latest additions in products.

However I want to download the wp6.sh but it seems to have gone. All I get is an empty download (using wget www.wifipineapple.com/wp6.sh from kali)

Just noticed that the www.wifipineapple.com website was reorganized & updated. Good thing, I had trouble find stuff with all the latest additions in products.

However I want to download the wp6.sh but it seems to have gone. All I get is an empty download (using wget www.wifipineapple.com/wp6.sh from kali)

Ok dunno why, but all's working fine now.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, ive just recently started having problems with the wp6 script. Its been working great for a while and now when I connect it say "iptables: too many links." Ive never seen this before and it is cutting all my internet to that machine. I cant even go to google anymore. Kinda of weird any help would be awesome.

Hey guys, ive just recently started having problems with the wp6 script. Its been working great for a while and now when I connect it say "iptables: too many links." Ive never seen this before and it is cutting all my internet to that machine. I cant even go to google anymore. Kinda of weird any help would be awesome.

Try flushing the chains. "iptables -F"

Then run the script again.

I used to have this kind of issue when i was using ufw.

In the script, if you switch iptables -X and iptables -F, to perform iptables -F first, the problem is gone (if i remember correctly).
But if you use a firewall "manager" like ufw or firehol, it is not very clean to flush iptables like this. I personally changed the script to disable firehol when connecting, and re-enable firehol when disconnecting (i added this function)

I used to have this kind of issue when i was using ufw.

In the script, if you switch iptables -X and iptables -F, to perform iptables -F first, the problem is gone (if i remember correctly).
But if you use a firewall "manager" like ufw or firehol, it is not very clean to flush iptables like this. I personally changed the script to disable firehol when connecting, and re-enable firehol when disconnecting (i added this function)

It was a the Firewall

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2016 at 7:37 PM, PaulFinch said:

I personally changed the script to disable firehol when connecting, and re-enable firehol when disconnecting (i added this function)

I can confirm that ufw - which is part of Linux Mint 18 - also prevents me from running wp6.sh without locking down my connections. A "service ufw stop" before running the script or in "connectsaved" function the fixes the problem.

@PaulFinch:

Would you mind to add your code to github or to this post? This might help others with the same problem without researching it first... 

On 11/5/2016 at 0:36 PM, cyb3rwr3ck said:

I can confirm that ufw - which is part of Linux Mint 18 - also prevents me from running wp6.sh without locking down my connections. A "service ufw stop" before running the script or in "connectsaved" function the fixes the problem.

@PaulFinch:

Would you mind to add your code to github or to this post? This might help others with the same problem without researching it first... 

I just added a new disconnect function :

function menu {
            [dD]) disconnect;;
}

with a firehol start :

function disconnect {
    /etc/init.d/firehol start > /dev/null
    printf "\n"
    exit
}

and i just added a firehol stop in the connectsaved function :

function connectsaved {
    if [[ "$sfirsttime" == "1" ]]; then
        printf "\n    Error: Settings unsaved. Run either Guided or Manual setup first.\n"; menu
    fi
    /etc/init.d/firehol stop > /dev/null
}

Of course for you, it would be : service ufw stop and service ufw start ...

Cheers

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I noticed that running wp6.sh on my Kali VirtualBox causes the VM to lose connection to the internet but keeps both internet and wifi pineapple interfaces connected. Is this normal? My current workaround is to reconnect my internet connection interface(Eth0) in order to restore connectivity. Anyone experience the same thing?

• 2 years later...

Archived