Getting credentials from an app

botter911

I'm wondering how do apps(i.e Facebook, or Twitter) on an iphone or android device transmit the username and password?

We can always do a MITM attack using an SSL Strip to get the login credentials from a PC. However, how does the new Wifi Pineapple Nano get the login credentials if I am using an Facebook app(over wireless)? Can we still use the SSL Strip or is there any other MITM attack?

I would sincerely hope that apps like Facebook and Twitter implement SSL pinning to protect against somehting like this.

Yes last time I looked those apps Cert Pin. Also you will find a lot of apps with use OAuth so don't store or transmit user/pass pairs. Though you can still use the OAuth token. Though the token is often limited in the functions it can do.

Edited by Karit

Yes last time I looked those apps Cert Pin. Also you will find a lot of apps with use OAuth so don't store or transmit user/pass pairs. Though you can still use the OAuth token. Though the token is often limited in the functions it can do.

So does this mean that we can just gey their OAuths and not their exact credentials? Is this because it's pre logged in?

• 8 months later...
On 12/26/2015 at 3:31 AM, Karit said:

I'm new here, basically there is no way to get access to the facebook/twitter  with their OAuth or whatever info we could get from the user?

What if i don't want the user and pass,  what if i need only the email address and profile picture from the victim, and maybe post something on his/her wall

Is there a way to get that using the wifi pineapple nano?

4 hours ago, yonomas said:

I'm new here, basically there is no way to get access to the facebook/twitter  with their OAuth or whatever info we could get from the user?
 What if i don't want the user and pass,  what if i need only the email address and profile picture from the victim, and maybe post something on his/her wall
Is there a way to get that using the wifi pineapple nano?

No. And what you intend to do is also illegal.

19 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

No. And what you intend to do is also illegal.

Well, get the pass using http is also illegal, but that's not the point, what i'm trying to do is for testing purposes only. 

My question is, can i get the OAuth? If so, what can i do with it?