i was wondering if these are possible serial headers. I'm trying to hopefully get a shell from this.

and how would i communicate with these do i use any TTL adapter are does it have to be specific.

also what it an easy way to identify the headers TX,RX,VCC,GND...?

I'm a beginner so please give me some tips.

1snvrr.jpg

2lo3bj6.jpg

Device: NetComm NB6Plus4Wn

I'm a beginner at this so please give me some tips too. :)

There are devices out there that will help determine pinouts for JTAG/Serial/UART.

But with a little searching I found this. It helps to remember I found my pinouts on openwrt site a few years back.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netcomm/nb6plus4w

May not be the exact model, but should get you in the right direction.

What is the FCC ID of the device?

When the device is powered, you should be able to test for voltage and ground on those pins with a multimeter. The other two would be TX and RX. You only need to connect TX, RX, and GND to your TTL adapter and power the device with the wall wart as normal operation. If you can't communicate with standard bauds (maybe the ones from the link above), then swap the cables on the pins you believe to be TX and RX. Try again.

If smoke comes out of anything, you did something wrong :P

• 2 weeks later...

There are devices out there that will help determine pinouts for JTAG/Serial/UART.

But with a little searching I found this. It helps to remember I found my pinouts on openwrt site a few years back.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netcomm/nb6plus4w

May not be the exact model, but should get you in the right direction.

What is the FCC ID of the device?

When the device is powered, you should be able to test for voltage and ground on those pins with a multimeter. The other two would be TX and RX. You only need to connect TX, RX, and GND to your TTL adapter and power the device with the wall wart as normal operation. If you can't communicate with standard bauds (maybe the ones from the link above), then swap the cables on the pins you believe to be TX and RX. Try again.

If smoke comes out of anything, you did something wrong :P

yep i tried it today and it was the wrong pinout the ttl adapter went hot but i found a device to find the correct pinout for UART + JTAG on hackaday its called the "jtagulator" its a pretty sick device it also has over-current protection i believe. anyway thanks for your help and this does not have an fcc id for some odd reason.