just got the nano it works great i have had many pineapple but this one is the best Love The Phone app however when do we get the modules it says coming soon i cant use any of the other cool functions outside the old modules standalone ssl strip and the many cool apps just want to know when this will be updated so i can have more fun Thanks !

The Nano is still being developed so the ability to download modules onto your pineapple is still in progress. Even if that weren't the case there are only a few modules that are even "ready to go" at this point.

The modules are still being ported to the new version. This would be a great time to learn to do some things without needing modules. I could help you out if you'd like.

I don't know about phoneman, but I'd love some basic intro to doing things without modules. Even on my MK5 with modules, the ability to understand a bit more about what they are doing and how would be great.

I have a basic understanding of Linux, and I get that "it's just linux!" but lots of the tools used are quite unfamiliar to me. As a Windows admin I understand the concepts but the nuts and bolts always need a different wrench.

I think some overview tutorials in this vein would be beneficial to a lot of people.

• Upvote 2

I have some tutorial I made for the MK5, they are aimed at people who have never used command line, I'll upload them as soon as I can. I made the about nine months ago, so I'm thinking about updating them. I no longer have either of my MK5s, so I'll have to wait until I get the nana for pineapple specific stuff. I plan on ordering the tactical kit late tomorrow. I will upload my old videos as soon as I can. I'm currently moving around partitions and such, so it will probably be a few hours before I can start the upload. I believe I have "some" on Dailymotion. Not many though, I'll list them below.

Also, if you'd like me to help you one on one, feel free to message me and we can work out a faster way to speak. This goes for anyone, if I know how to do something, I'll teach it to you. If I don't know, I'll help you find out and we will both learn.

Keep in mind, this videos are almost a year old, and I was terrible at making them. I plan to re-do them as soon as I can.

Initial setup of the MK5 (<- Feel free to skip this one)

Capturing 4-way handshakes (Step one of finding a wifi password) (Requires Wifite, built in on Kali, you'll have to download it for the pineapple, you'll know how after I release the next video)

Cracking a 4-way handshake (Step two of finding a wifi password)

Sniffing over a network (Uses MK5 modules)

Again, I highly recommend you check out my new tutorials I will be making, I assure you they will be higher quality. I no longer use this dailymotion account, so any messages or comments probably won't be seen for a very long time.

Edited by Fallen Archangel
  • Upvote 4

I'm planning on doing some videos covering the core functionality. For right now I highly recommend checking out the Help section in the new interface. I know it sorta sounds like I'm saying RTFM, but as the author of TFM -- I tend to think it's pretty good :tongue:

Darren Kitchen acclaimed author of TFM..... :grin:

USB tethering is disabled on my phone - I assume rooting and flashing the ROM could set me free; that said - I've already set up the nano and can get to the web admin; am I missing anything in admin that is app specific, or can I survive on web interface? Pros and cons? Thanks!

USB tethering is disabled on my phone - I assume rooting and flashing the ROM could set me free; that said - I've already set up the nano and can get to the web admin; am I missing anything in admin that is app specific, or can I survive on web interface? Pros and cons? Thanks!

The pro of the WiFi Pineapple Connector app for Android is that it's a convenient way to setup Internet Connection Sharing with a mobile device and manage the WiFi Pineapple through the responsive Web Interface.

Couple that with tools on Android -- Like Kali Nethunter -- and you've have a really lethal combo.

The app does require USB Tethering ability. I didn't realize any carriers still disabled it in this day and age.

• Upvote 1

The pro of the WiFi Pineapple Connector app for Android is that it's a convenient way to setup Internet Connection Sharing with a mobile device and manage the WiFi Pineapple through the responsive Web Interface.

Couple that with tools on Android -- Like Kali Nethunter -- and you've have a really lethal combo.

The app does require USB Tethering ability. I didn't realize any carriers still disabled it in this day and age.

I think the only one that doesn't is T-Mob. Everybody else wants their double dip money.

I don't have cell service on my android and tethering is disabled (why the hell can't I tether my wifi connection?) comeon folks! Bummer!

DK: Think you can disable that hard requirement for the app? Would love to use it otherwise. Thanks!

telot

Edited by telot

I don't have cell service on my android, and tethering is disabled (why the hell can't I tether my wifi connection?) comeon folks! Bummer!

DK: Think you can disable that hard requirement for the app? Would love to use it otherwise. Thanks!

telot

The app only guides you through tethering and finding the Pineapple's tethered IP address.

If you cannot tether, just connect to the WiFi Pineapple NANO over WiFi and browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471.

You aren't missing out on any features, except of course android ICS.

I'll be releasing a new version soonish that will make use of USB OTG, but it will most likely require root. Getting ICS working is not easy because of the way android forces only one interface to be used.

I have worked with some of the Nethunter folks to integrate the nano into that environment, but sadly it isn't as straight forward as it used to be.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

I've gotten tethering to work, but it does require root. Also, be sure to check with your carrier, some make charge you if you accidentlly tether on your data instead of wifi. I use striaght talk and they don't have any problems with me tethering, even though I had to root my phone to enable it.

If you don't already have a rooted phone though, I wouldn't recommend doing it just for this reason. If you don't do it correctly you could wipe your phone or worse, especially if you use FDE or have a phone with a locked baseband or something like mine.

I've gotten tethering to work, but it does require root. Also, be sure to check with your carrier, some make charge you if you accidentlly tether on your data instead of wifi. I use striaght talk and they don't have any problems with me tethering, even though I had to root my phone to enable it.

If you don't already have a rooted phone though, I wouldn't recommend doing it just for this reason. If you don't do it correctly you could wipe your phone or worse, especially if you use FDE or have a phone with a locked baseband or something like mine.

Out of curiosity, what phone do you have that required you to root to enable USB tethering?

The modules are still being ported to the new version. This would be a great time to learn to do some things without needing modules. I could help you out if you'd like.

You never really said how long until modules will be available. Do you have any approximate ETA? 3 weeks? 3 months? Just wondering. I just got the wifi pineapple (even though I'm not really planning on developing).

UPDATE: Since today and tomorrow the house will be full of guests, I decided to type up a tutorial instead of recording it. I'll make a video at a later time.

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/37108-using-the-pineapple-without-modules-or-infusions-part-one-ssh/

Written tutorials are better, IMHO, since the user can simply follow along at their own pace, and the written word is easier (for me) to absorb. Thanks for the effort, I'm looking forward to the series.

I'm not a developer of any of the modules myself, but from my understanding the NANO now has an API, so the modules are being re-written to use it.

How long it takes will depend on the individual modules. You're best off directing those questions to the developers.

Thanks. Also, I've seen some modules being developed on thr forums. Is there any way to load those onto my pineapple (If they're finished)? In the meantime I'll look at some of your tutorials. Hopefully my experience with the Linux command line will help. ¶:

I'm not a developer of any of the modules myself, but from my understanding the NANO now has an API, so the modules are being re-written to use it.

How long it takes will depend on the individual modules. You're best off directing those questions to the developers.

True and not true. The modules are being re-written because of the new UI. The Mark 5 has an API.

Edited by Foxtrot

Rewriting all modules take time, especially that dev are doing it during their free time, so no ETA.

Modules already ported can't be installed on the NANO for the moment as the nano hasn't been released for general consumption yet, it's in the dev kit launch phase.

Edited by Whistle Master