What events are you going to in 2016?

cooper

As the year draws to a close various events have already published when they will be and some may have already started selling early bird tickets.

So, what hacking or security events in the coming year are you hoping to attend?

Anybody who finds me in the wild, manages to convince me they're a Hak5 forum user and you need to pay for drinks at the event gets a free beer. ??

Here's my list so far:

18 mar: OWASP BeNeLux day, Esch-sur-Alzette, LU

23-27 may: Hack In The Box (likely), Amsterdam, NL

31 jun-1 jul: OWASP AppSec.EU, Rome, IT

15-16 jul: SteelCon (certain), Sheffield, UK

28-31 jul: Haxogreen (certain), Dudelange, LU

5-7 aug: EMF Camp (maybe), Guildford, UK

??-??: Shift-Alt, London, UK

Same rules apply for 32C3 27-30 dec and BSidesHH 28 dec this year, both in Hamburg, DE (one is literally across the street from the other).

I hate that tickets are so hard to get for these events. I was thinking about trying to get tickets to Shmoocon but decided against it. I just looked up Derbycon, which isn't even going until September, and the tickets are already sold out, unless if they just haven't updated the page from this year's con. This is kind of ridiculous.

Edited by sud0nick

I hate that tickets are so hard to get for these events. I was thinking about trying to get tickets to Shmoocon but decided against it. I just looked up Derbycon, which isn't even going until September, and the tickets are already sold out, unless if they just haven't updated the page from this year's con. This is kind of ridiculous.

That's last years. They won't go on sale until this summer some time.

Depending on where in canada you are m40295, Toorcamp might be close by (if you live on the west coast).

I plan to attend Toorcamp again - its a friggin trip that I'd highly recommend. DK rolled up in the hakvan and interviewed my buddy Jared. Milliways served up epic grub and beer. It was a great time and well worth the travel and expense even for a midwester like me. Other than that I'll hit up the local BSides again and maybe pop my defcon cherry finally if I can spare getting away from work.

telot