[Official] RandomRoll

Foxtrot

4 hours ago, Wiz said:

Sorry if I came across like if I was bashing your work because I was not. I just wanted to point out that the majority of the people now days browse on mobile devices so modules like yours should evolve. I fully understand that we have no control over the limitations built in the mobile browsers by the manufactures however I am sure that if there is a will there is a way. Maybe the click event would be just fine or you convert the module to something better that Evil Portal. 

You understand that Evil Portal cannot autoplay music either, right?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On 8/6/2016 at 8:42 PM, Foxtrot said:

Are they browsing HTTPS websites? RandomRoll can obviously only work on plain HTTP websites.

Do you plan on having RandomRoll work on all types of sites?

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, b0N3z said:

@Foxtrot what's the chances of getting a John Cena roll?

You can add your own to /pineapple/modules/RandomRoll/assets/Rolls/ directory if you copy document types and structure. Would be great if there were a roll creator function tho :) or an import from https://giphy.com but its hardly the pineapples main purpose so pretty low priority id guess.

44 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

You can add your own to /pineapple/modules/RandomRoll/assets/Rolls/ directory if you copy document types and structure. Would be great if there were a roll creator function tho :) or an import from https://giphy.com but its hardly the pineapples main purpose no pretty low priority id guess.

even better and yea its more of a jokester thing buts still funny to roll friends

Apologies for any beating of the dead horse. I have Pineapple 4, 5 and Nano, and am just dusting them off after a long hiatus. The Roll has always been fun stuff to show, but I'm getting stumped on the Nano. I have it updated to latest code, and all the normal basic stuff is working- like connecting a client to to the open SSID/they get IP address/go on to the Internet OK. But then when I invoke Random Roll, and go to an unsecure website from any client device and mix of browsers, I only get the "403 Forbidden (with nginx/1.4.7 under the horizontal bar). Not sure what else to do... on the earlier Pineapples you had to do DNSspoof (I think? has been a while) but is there anything that needs to happen on on the Nano before you invoke Random Roll?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, ki2k said:

Apologies for any beating of the dead horse. I have Pineapple 4, 5 and Nano, and am just dusting them off after a long hiatus. The Roll has always been fun stuff to show, but I'm getting stumped on the Nano. I have it updated to latest code, and all the normal basic stuff is working- like connecting a client to to the open SSID/they get IP address/go on to the Internet OK. But then when I invoke Random Roll, and go to an unsecure website from any client device and mix of browsers, I only get the "403 Forbidden (with nginx/1.4.7 under the horizontal bar). Not sure what else to do... on the earlier Pineapples you had to do DNSspoof (I think? has been a while) but is there anything that needs to happen on on the Nano before you invoke Random Roll?

Thanks.

Sunny Wear’s tutorial on Random Roll on Youtube

Go to configuration and select start on the splash page. When I fiddled with it, I noticed that if I enable DNSspoof fidst and then enabled splash page and then started randomroll things happened. Different things happened if you start RR and then dnsspoof and then check the configuration ‘start splash page’

Update... nothing I would do would get Random Roll to start. But I also noticed that Rainbow Chicken Man was missing in the list of rolls. So... removed it, re-installed it. All rolls present, and it starts right up. Something must have been incomplete the first go round...

Thanks-

Lee

• 2 months later...

This module is about 20Mo, it's take lots of time to download, and only to sd card.

Last time i use it, roll screen appear but after stopping module, clients can't acces internet (android).

i was after installing 2.0.2 firmware, i think before 2.0.1, i was ok.

Before starting this module, they can.

i will try again.

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2016 at 11:53 PM, Steph5 said:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have not been able to download RandomRoll no matter how long I let it run. (e.g. overnight)

I want to use it for a class demo to show my students about the Pineapple. I have been able to download other modules before trying RandomRoll and after. I realize it's quite a bit larger (hence the overnight download test), but it didn't help. The Pineapple icon keeps flashing, and the words "Downloading Module, please wait" never changes. The network traffic is very minimal during this download. Typicaly it's been between 0 and 2k. Not really even enough to consider there is actually a download in progress.

I have rebooted the Linux laptop as well as the Pineapple. I have deleted cookies, cache, and everything a couple of times. I have a 64Gb Samsung Evo Plus micro sd card in the Pineapple, and I am storing everything there. No worries about running out of storage.

I used the same laptop to download a 26 megabyte image from Nasa in less than one second, so it's not a bandwidth constraint. I suspect something is wrong with the file that is hosted on WiFiPineapple, but I can't confirm that. The download process from WiFi Pineapple *is* working though all the other modules are minuscule in comparison to RandomRoll.

I think that covers everything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Steph

Having the same issue. I see we should maybe update the modules manager but I do not see where to do that or how...

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2019 at 4:48 PM, VapinPagan said:

Having the same issue. I see we should maybe update the modules manager but I do not see where to do that or how...

@Foxtrot Please can you assist me / others who want to have RandomRoll installed on a nano?

I've tried multiple times / ways, connected, wifi, left for hours, fresh formatted card, everything and it doesn't finish "Installing Module"

I know it's big but is there any way of getting this to install, RandomRoll was one of the most useful demo's on the MkV pineapple, I'd really like to show the same on a nano.

Thanks!

(latest nano version, clean / new cards tested for hours at a time)

Archived