[Official] RandomRoll

Foxtrot

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foxtrot since I have not used randomroll as my previous pineapple was the mark iv I have a question. Can you set randomroll to only work against certain websites requested by the clients or will it randomroll all sites? If it is against all sites I think it would be nice to the user be able to select certain sites to randomroll like say I want to only prevent people from visiting facebook so I randomroll facebook but allow traffic to like google. If the module does not work like this at the moment I would even be willing to help you with the modification if you would like.

Foxtrot since I have not used randomroll as my previous pineapple was the mark iv I have a question. Can you set randomroll to only work against certain websites requested by the clients or will it randomroll all sites? If it is against all sites I think it would be nice to the user be able to select certain sites to randomroll like say I want to only prevent people from visiting facebook so I randomroll facebook but allow traffic to like google. If the module does not work like this at the moment I would even be willing to help you with the modification if you would like.

It will redirect all http traffic on port 80 to the randomroll module. (And soon, https on 443!)

But such a feature could probably be made pretty easily..

It will redirect all http traffic on port 80 to the randomroll module. (And soon, https on 443!)

But such a feature could probably be made pretty easily..

Once it becomes available for download onto the pineapple I will be sure to download it. Then I will look at you work and work on something to allow the user to select which sites to randomroll. Once I have a solution I would like to send it to you for your review.

Once it becomes available for download onto the pineapple I will be sure to download it. Then I will look at you work and work on something to allow the user to select which sites to randomroll. Once I have a solution I would like to send it to you for your review.

I appreciate it, but i'd prefer to write it myself rather than just adding bits of code in. My reasons being that i'm familiar with the code when I write it and that the pineapple is generally a tool to learn things from, and making these modules is how I learn some things.

My nano keeps locking up during the download. Ive tried a tether, and direct connection to a computer and it still locks up. Im running a 32 gb, 10 class sd card so that hopefully isnt the problem.

Issue has been fixed, Update to the new version of Module Manager and try again.

sebkinne is bae

Found a bug you might be interested in. The index.php that makes the rolls is placed in the wrong place on the pineapple for me.

It was originally located,

/sd/modules/RandomRoll/assets/www

this caused nothing to happen when browsing, however when using the cabinet module and moving the index.php to

/www

at the root of the pineapple, this fixes everything.

I have no idea if this is just me or not, but thought i should say something about it.

Found a bug you might be interested in. The index.php that makes the rolls is placed in the wrong place on the pineapple for me.

It was originally located,

/sd/modules/RandomRoll/assets/www

this caused nothing to happen when browsing, however when using the cabinet module and moving the index.php to

/www

at the root of the pineapple, this fixes everything.

I have no idea if this is just me or not, but thought i should say something about it.

after reinstalling the module, i now realize that was the intended place for it to be, but mine somehow wasent placed there. Still somewhat of a one time bug.

hmm, not quite sure but I noticed 3 Things:

1. for me the index.php (before starting RandomRoll) was not backup/restored.. Can you tell me where it should be stored to backup?

2. RandomRoll doesn't remind the checkboxes I checked before starting RR. So if I come back to the Module all Checkboxes are unchecked. Is it only for me the case? (Macbook Air - Safari & Chrome)

3. The Log doesn't show the right time (for me log is 1 hour to early - my TimeZone: GMT+1 - Might help.

But anyways: I really like It. great work FoxTrot :)

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying to figure out how to use this module, It's my first pineapple and learning by trial and error.

I started up my pineapple, downloaded the module, and then i don't know what settings are optimal, br-lan , wlan0, wlan0-1mon and so on

And when i installed it the first time a while back, the log were fine,(earlier version) it showed that randomroll were started and so on, but now the only thing that i can see in the log is "false"
And even though i have chosen not to start it on boot, it seems to always be on anyway

Hope someone can clarify what i have been doing wrong!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have not been able to download RandomRoll no matter how long I let it run. (e.g. overnight)

I want to use it for a class demo to show my students about the Pineapple. I have been able to download other modules before trying RandomRoll and after. I realize it's quite a bit larger (hence the overnight download test), but it didn't help. The Pineapple icon keeps flashing, and the words "Downloading Module, please wait" never changes. The network traffic is very minimal during this download. Typicaly it's been between 0 and 2k. Not really even enough to consider there is actually a download in progress.

I have rebooted the Linux laptop as well as the Pineapple. I have deleted cookies, cache, and everything a couple of times. I have a 64Gb Samsung Evo Plus micro sd card in the Pineapple, and I am storing everything there. No worries about running out of storage.

I used the same laptop to download a 26 megabyte image from Nasa in less than one second, so it's not a bandwidth constraint. I suspect something is wrong with the file that is hosted on WiFiPineapple, but I can't confirm that. The download process from WiFi Pineapple *is* working though all the other modules are minuscule in comparison to RandomRoll.

I think that covers everything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Steph

Hi Foxtrot,

I am running firmware version 1.06

The modules themselves all have version numbers, but I can't locate anything for module manager. Google didn't have the answer either.l I got onto the Pineapple via ssh. I see modules.d and modules.boot.d both dated March 10. I hope that helps. Apologies if I missed something obvious. :o)

Stephan

Is there any way to see how many hits you get using this module kind of like the landing page on the dashboard?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having some issues running RandomRoll on a Nano running version 1.06 firmware. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on troubleshooting, the logging in the module seems very light so I'm not sure how to debug the issues. 

Here are my current assumptions:

- Turn on RandomRoll

- Connect Client to Open AP SSID

- Client browses any website to be RickRolled

- PineAP doesn't need to be enabled

Results:

Currently I have tried enabling PineAP, resetting the Nano, reinstalling RandomRoll but get the same results, clients connect and are able to browse any website without be rolled. 

5 hours ago, jamesford said:

Having some issues running RandomRoll on a Nano running version 1.06 firmware. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on troubleshooting, the logging in the module seems very light so I'm not sure how to debug the issues. 

Here are my current assumptions:

- Turn on RandomRoll

- Connect Client to Open AP SSID

- Client browses any website to be RickRolled

- PineAP doesn't need to be enabled

Results:

Currently I have tried enabling PineAP, resetting the Nano, reinstalling RandomRoll but get the same results, clients connect and are able to browse any website without be rolled. 

Are they browsing HTTPS websites? RandomRoll can obviously only work on plain HTTP websites.

Archived