virus... semi urgent...

CaveMan

You better quickly install this: Linux, or BSD.

That should keep that nasty virus away.

Damn straight, i'll bet by now its an entwined its self so deep in you 'OS' it could almost be called an integral part.

Tabbed browsing. now there is an idea. Those Microsoft guys are geniuses. first Qdos for PC then mac OS and now OSX.

While I was walking home I was thinking about viruses...Windows is the biggest virus there is...

Its modular (it can get virus add ons)

The ability to modify other programs usually to the determent of the computer system.

A computer virus is a self-replicating program containing code that explicitly copies itself and can infect other programs by modifying them or their environment such that a call to an infected program implies a call to a (possibly evolved) copy of the virus.

Sounds like windows. I'm not really windows bashing it was just something I thought about :)

You know that there are viruses that take you files hostage 9much like DRM dose) and you must pay some one to get the files back. Although, if one of those ever got on my computer I think I would notice, encrypting 100GB of crap would take a long time.

You mean how with linux you can't use 80% of the LEGAL music out there or stoping you from playing 99.998% of the games?

And a virus has nothing to do with DRM or stopping you from doing stuff(deleting files does not count as stopping you)

Fine Im wrong, I didn't think about other OSs

Yes DRM is a very bad thing. I <3 Pandora

Yes I have heard of viruses taking your files hostage and trying to get you to buy them back, Ill try find a link somewere tomorrow.

DRM is a very bad thing. Any one who knowingly locks them selves in to any DRMed media service is a retard.

ay men and should be killed slow and painfully

You know that there are viruses that take you files hostage 9much like DRM dose) and you must pay some one to get the files back. Although, if one of those ever got on my computer I think I would notice, encrypting 100GB of crap would take a long time.

industrial espionage maybe??