Get Remote Command Line on Win10

MikeDombo

Hello All,

I have a home sever running windows 10. Unfortunately after enabling the VPN in teamviewer, teamviewer says "Partner does not accept incoming connections". I have a vpn to my home network and my server has a plex server and windows file share. Obviously because it is my own computer, I have the login information, so I wanted to know if there is some way to enable windows rdp or get a remote command line so I can troubleshoot teamviewer. My login is a microsoft account and I have settings sync enabled, so if there is a setting I can change on my local computer that could help get me access to the server, then that would help.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Is the screen locked? I know TV would sometimes lock you out if a users screen was locked or locks automatically after so much time like with a screen saver.

By the way, TV shouldn't need ports opened on routers but the firewall might need ports opened in 10 if they differ from previous windows versions.

Edited by digip

I haven't but you can configure it to run as a service which may help. I'd check their site to see what support they have for windows 10 though

Since I have a vpn to my home network, port forwarding is not an issue. But the problem is that I'm not sure rdp is even enabled, so I need a way to enable it remotely. I have network access and the server has a samba file share, and I have the login credentials since it is my server.

What it then boils down to is that you have to consider the exposed services of the box, hack one of them possibly using a valid login since you have that and try to get a shell. From there you can probably enable the service. Getting the firewall to not block the port might take a bit more effort, but if anything Powershell should be able to help here.

In the mean time, a phone call to a trusted loved one to go to your house and get instructed by you to enable RDP on the box seems like a significantly faster and more reliable option.

If you have shell access, you can enabled rdp from the command line or run against a VBS file to open it for you. I used to have a bat script that would do this, but sadly, I have no idea where I put it. The code to do it should still be easily found on google though and there are probably a dozen ways of making it happen from powershell or other windows scripting tools. The thing I liked about the bat script was it added a user for me as well directly into the registry, and I had it working(at the time) as an attack against IE 6 based browsers, so you can imagine this was some time ago. I used it on XP machines, but sure there are ways of doing the same thing on recent versions of windows.