DLink PW Cracking

TruB

My room mate think its fun to annoy me so he doesnt tell me what the PW is for the dlink admin service.. the dlink gaming router is in a safe like box.. he hid the key. the others dont know anything about computers so they let us fix things around here..

he also changed the PW to admin service which you reach with 192.168.0.1.

im mostly thinkin about trying to key past the key problem.. i looked for it in the room where it is in abvious places but it wouldnt suprise me he brought it with him. the key is a common small key. not hard to replace i think.

i want that PW.

i can reach his computer but its locked with a windows login screen.

i can set of the power to the router if i like to. wont much?

im in a lan.

the best think would be to crack that PW so i can get in a change the things i want without begging on my knees from my roommate who probably makes fun of me and wont change anything anyways.

suggestions? quistions.

problem is i cant get to it. since i dont got the key to the box. i guess i have to get pass that lock somehow then.

if only i can get into the box i dont mind having my cable into the modem and dont have firewall.. just to be able to do stuff i cant now.

some ports i want open mostly.

You could get your own router and unplug his from the modem/wall, and replace it. Set the SSID and the WEP/WPA Key to the same as the old router, then hide the new router. He won't notice anythings unusual until he tries to login and then you can, with a little social engineering, lead him to believe that you 0wn3d his router.

i'm going to guess that admin passwords are sent as plaintext to the router

unless its a decent router, which probably its not.

I've got HTTPS enabled on the web interface to my little Linksys, though I think it defaults to plain HTTP.

You could get your own router and unplug his from the modem/wall, and replace it. Set the SSID and the WEP/WPA Key to the same as the old router, then hide the new router. He won't notice anythings unusual until he tries to login and then you can, with a little social engineering, lead him to believe that you 0wn3d his router.

nice one.. altough it wont work cause it need "special" modem (phone is plugged to it) that also is locked in that box that only work with this isp. i got my own router right here though.

I suppose one thing you should keep in mind, do you pay any of the bill at all? If you do, ask him to unlock the router or you will remove his and replace it with yours. If he complains say "we all pay for the connection, if you don't want to share your router, don't, we'll share this one instead".

There is a DLink model that has a DHCP bug. If I remember correctly, basically you attack the router's DHCP mechanism in such a way that when the router is rebooted it's returned to factory default.

You can try looking at the exploits over at milw0rm.com for d-links, but they don't seem to have the exploit for my 614+ model with the dhcp bug.

Here is it:

http://www.governmentsecurity.org/archive/t9628.html

However, it required the admin to login to finish installing the payload you sent.

Or, you could get your own router which would solve your problem without all the fuss. Just unplug his from the wall and plug yours in. That seems like the easiest way to solve your problem.