Your Geek Photos

Duelus

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( this puts me to shame but as far as i can tell im the only one who has there comp set up so they can lay down and type and do what ever wile from the your bed! so ha! i win!.....well not really cuz im running off a linux live cd and killed windows (wile installing SP2) and have lost all my windows cds! i have legit keys real one! i have 3 real keys that are legit but no cds:( need to keep my cds safer then in on top of my head board:P(pics comming soon....maby)

.....Long live the wall-o-cans!

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would show everyone my new toys :D. I am currently doing a CCNA (I know some people say its pointless but I like it and its free) and Im starting to build a little home lab to play about with access control lists, routing tables and all the other fun stuff that can be done.

cisco1.jpg

cisco.jpg

Top to Bottom

Linksys BEFSR41

Linksys WRT54GS

Cisco Router 2501

Cisco Router 2501

Cisco Router 2503

3Com 24port LinkSwitch 1000

When my camera stops being incredibly stupid, I'll take some photos of my 12 system server closet. Yes, it's running out of the closet in my bedroom. My clothes live on the floor. ;)

thats the way to do it! :D whey for geekyness

Hell ya, Appels rock :D

I like my case, but the display is deffect. And my PC ist very loud. That's very crappy at this case: many holes - so the coolers are veeery loud.

The dorm set-up. Not much space in here but it works. Sorry for the poor quality photos, my digital camera is back home so I had to make due with my phone.

127689377_ae3978eb6b.jpg

Can't see it too well but that's Family Guy playing on the Samsung 19"

127689378_dc32799b4d.jpg

Ha, gotta love the duct-tape moddifications to the case.

The desktop I built about 5 years ago. AMD 1.4 GHz (forgot what series, far too lazy to check) with 256 mb ram and the cheapest mobo, sound card, video card, and case money can buy! I threw in three 250 gb drives once I got my laptop as I only use box for bittorrenting, ftp and storage for whatever I don't want on my laptop.

The laptop is a HP zv6000, AMD 64 3200+ Venice series with 512mb ram. Nothing too special here, I just drag it from class to class.

Both comps run XP pro corporate although I ocassionally use knoppix std or ubuntu live in the HP to screw with other student's wireless access points that they're are not supposed to have.

One thing that sucks about being a college student: all the money that could be dumped into building a new box simply no longer exists. Oh well, beer is a very important study that must be taken seriously in order to succeed at this game of higher education.

my firend gave me an old comp with a amd duron in it and i am just savin up some money so i can just put alot of hdds in it and just have it be a mass storage device for everything i have.

my firend gave me an old comp with a amd duron in it and i am just savin up some money so i can just put alot of hdds in it and just have it be a mass storage device for everything i have.

Damn a free, working computer. Nice. I'm waiting for summer as there is always one or two idiots that sell a old 1ghz comp for dirt cheap and they usually have a decient hdd in them during the garage sale season. Maybe even a few gems like old ass keyboards and apple II's.

Next year when I move out of the dorms into my apartment, I'm tossing win server 2003 or maybe a unix os, whatever will work best for a basic media storage on that box for ftp to the tivo im going to buy/build.

Damn, wanna TV, too. But I have no free pipe. I use DVB-T for TV, but I have no good receipt. This tinyyyyyy thing on picture 2 isn't my real antenna, I have a bigger one. But the receipt sucks.

dvb-t_nrwkarte_467a.gif

I live in the North of Recklinghausen. Damn, why isn't Marl in the South of Recklinghausen :roll:

Use you DVB-T in America and England, too?