Pineapple Standard Mk V - Out of Stock

jujubes

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is doing 400 bucks on ebay...81 bids and still 2 days to go!

http://ebay.com/itm/291599485158

Haha anyone who buys that for that price is freaking dumb call me jealous but dude your paying 3x for some thing that will be for sale within the next couple weeks or at least some time this month You could buy like at least 3 Mark 5's for that price what kinda people pay way more I mean its cool but its not worth the $400 I told people they could've gotten an easy $200 for a used MK5.

It did say from defcon, which maybe there are some defcon gadget collectors. But even still, I looked at prices other pineapples are going for, and the just with a pineapple and the AWUS036NEH adapter sold for near $300 on ebay. And seen a mkv with no antennas, no sdcard and no power supply, sell for $200.

Edited by DataHead

It did say from defcon, which maybe there are some defcon gadget collectors. But even still, I looked at prices other pineapples are going for, and the just with a pineapple and the AWUS036NEH adapter sold for near $300 on ebay. And seen a mkv with no antennas, no sdcard and no power supply, sell for $200.

Some people are just dumb is all I can say or just have a ton of money to waste but I did say that at one point people could over price the MK5 online if you guys read back a bit people at least took my advice I'd sell mine but don't have a box to ship it in I got the original box the MK5 came in but no shipping box I like to at least let people see nice packaging.

Some people are just dumb is all I can say or just have a ton of money to waste but I did say that at one point people could over price the MK5 online if you guys read back a bit people at least took my advice I'd sell mine but don't have a box to ship it in I got the original box the MK5 came in but no shipping box I like to at least let people see nice packaging.

Bubble wrap and a usps flat rate shipping box.

Hahahahahaha, someone threw one up on ebay with a starting bid at $400!

I think it's safe to say that the person who sold theirs for $400 got lucky I doubt their can be that many people that would pay 3x the price I'm sure they will be back in stock before the month is up no point in sending 3x the money on it.

Has anyone heard updated news on when they might be expected?

I've been checking for over a month.

Thanks

Might have been lies but I heard these are custom made by a small group of people not like a huge assembly line being that its custom hardware and not the old Alfa Networks AP-121u I would assume before this month is up they will be in stock. Your not missing out on much yet maybe when the new 3.0 firmware is released it might hype the pineapple up again at least I hope that way.

Might have been lies but I heard these are custom made by a small group of people not like a huge assembly line being that its custom hardware and not the old Alfa Networks AP-121u I would assume before this month is up they will be in stock. Your not missing out on much yet maybe when the new 3.0 firmware is released it might hype the pineapple up again at least I hope that way.

What firmware?

And i don't think the Mark 5's are handmade, i'm pretty sure they're made in a factory like any other mass produced electronics device.

Edited by Foxtrot

What firmware?

And i don't think the Mark 5's are handmade, i'm pretty sure they're made in a factory like any other mass produced electronics device.

I also agree, it's been stated before they are made in a factory. Yes, hak5 is a small team, but its amazing what just a few people can accomplish. And a new 3.0 firmware? What are your sources for this statement?

Seb makes me assume that he will possibly skip a 2.5.0 and jump into a 3.0 firmware for some reason

I have a feeling the next firmware release will possibly be really good even if its not 3.0 :B

Because if we've waited this long for small fixes and nothing really new and improved the 2.5.0 it would be kinda disappointing I hardly use my pineapple anymore nothing new I've noticed since PineAP.

Edited by ZaraByte

Well it has been discussed that the tools are in some need of upgrade and such. Do you guys think that hardware will be the priority once the new one comes out? Or do you think we'll see a major software push to get more functionality out of it?

I didn't attend defcon this year but if nothing from defcon is being added then defcon this year most have been very disappointing either im falling behind on Infosec or their really hasn't been any good tools released I'd like to try cobalt strike and compare it to armitage then private exploits cobalt strike has is nice!

I can see why Mitnick started a website buying zeroday exploits if I had access to zeroday exploits and made videos showing them I could only imagine the amount of traffic I'd get to some of my videos.

i think it's a hardware update and perhaps that's why they're sold out.

Imagine buying a mk5 today and next week, they release the mk6. It would kinda suck.

just my 2 cents

I believe I heard say their isn't a new hardware release it will be the same hardware. They are just out of stock because they ran out I assume a firmware update is gonna be released If I honestly spoke how I feel about hak5 and their products I possibly make a lot of people ticked off so I will just keep it to myself so I don't offend people who like hak5 :B

... If I honestly spoke how I feel about hak5 and their products I possibly make a lot of people ticked off so I will just keep it to myself so I don't offend people who like hak5 :B

I think Hak5, the admins and other mods will agree with me when I say nobody or wants to censor you...

Please, speak your mind. It's what the forums are for after all.

(Not to mention giving constructive feedback is always good)

Edited by Foxtrot

• 2 weeks later...

I am also wondering if any ones know's of restock date i was hoping to get a friend one for christmas.

For some reason I believe their is a hidden message in each video hak5 has been releasing about the Pineapple none the less my pineapple sold this morning on ebay i'll possibly buy it again later the mean time I need to raise money to build my Hackintosh so I had to part with some of my stuff im honestly lucky I got what I sold it for some im humble to the buyer its at least one step for me will hopefully cover the cost of the CPU at least.

I'm curious if their is a new pineapple design coming soon the latest video at 6 seconds appears to look like the Antennas are not in the same spot as the MK5 has. Also I noticed lines on the enclosure that I don't think the MK5 has.

Unless this is some kinda add on for the MK5 they're talking about two different pineapples in the first video Seb and Darren were in so maybe its some kinda attachment for each other idk.