Can't Download Modules

0uT1aW
Go to solution Solved by Darren Kitchen,

Hi All,

Just received my LAN turtle today! Only 3 days to the UK!

I have updated the software fine, its come back up no problem but I cant install any modules.

Follwed the video, gone to module manager > configure > directory > sure you want to connect > Yes

It then just takes me straight back to the configure page, never shows any modules

I have tried this on my Linux desktop, Windows VM and my Linux laptop and it is the same behaviour on all.

Hopefully someone knows what is going on!

Cheers

Spooky - I'm I the UK too, got my turtle today, updated firmware (turtle shell v2), but I have the exact same issue, module manager > configure > directory > sure you want to connect > Yes

Straight back to the configure page, no modules.

From the main menu, modules (module configuration)> and only module manager listed.

Help!

Ive noticed this has changed from prior to update as well.

first is the turtle connected to the eathernet? You have to have the turtle connected to the eathernet port for it to go out to the web.

Second on module manager arrow over to configure, then hit enter, then select directory, it will ask if you want to connect to turtle.com, say yes. Then it will download different modules for you to select. select the ones you want, or all there is enough room on the turtle for this, download is quick, back out. and your ready to roll.

make sure the lights are flashing for communication, and you shouldnt have any issues. check out the second Youtube video that Darren made for this here https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/forum/88-lan-turtle/

Good Luck!

Ethernet is connected and working. Ping lanturtle.com etc... Working fine.

Lights flash as they should and as per video.

But as the other guys have mentioned when you hit enter on directory in the module manager it does nothing and returns you to the menu to select directory etc... Again.

Problem is never shows or lists or does anything to do with the modules.

Thanks

• Solution

I do apologize everyone. I made an update to the module_list file on github adding the clomac and upnp-portfwd modules. Immediately after the commit realized I had made the mistake of leaving the (') in (client's) which of course breaks the script. I made a follow-up commit removing the character however it never propagated to the gh-pages branch. After a half hour I figured it was just cached and would resolve itself but I guess not. I'm learning a lot about github's idiosyncrasies and it's a bit of a growing pain / learning curve. Making an additional commit (this time adding the ddnsc module) fixed the issue. Really sorry about that!

TL;DR: My mistake. Github is slow. It's fixed now. There are 3 new modules to check out.

It appears this issue is back, like others earlier...just got the lanturtle, ssh into it, and go to download modules and while I'm able to get to lanturtle.com, and see the modules list, I cant actually download or install any.....any thoughts on this Darren? I should say I did update it first and that did work.

It appears this issue is back, like others earlier...just got the lanturtle, ssh into it, and go to download modules and while I'm able to get to lanturtle.com, and see the modules list, I cant actually download or install any.....any thoughts on this Darren? I should say I did update it first and that did work.

Odd. It just started working - please disregard my earlier comment. Anyhow...Bravo Darren, this little thing is great!

• 1 year later...
On 01/03/2017 at 5:03 PM, Hak5Mewbie said:

I have just recived my lan turtle, i have the same problem PLEASE, someone help me!, what am i going to do?, just after the update modules stopped.

(sorry for 2 replies)

I had something not exactly as you describe but similar, however I reset and things were back to normal. I had it connected with lan cable and plugged into laptop. I also disables my other laptops interfaces just to remove confusion.

ssh'd in to turtle to Reset

firstboot && reboot

after it reset and initial config I select module manager from turtle menu,  configure, Directory, confirm yes to see the list of available modules. maybe it helps you with your issue.