Auditor and BackTrack on non U3 usb

Guest Twilight Zone

Guest Twilight Zone

Is it possible to put Auditor and BackTrack (penetration testing projects based on linux www.remote-exploit.org ) on non U3 usb 2Gb ? I'm totally new in Linux stuff.I download both projects,burn Live CD's and don't know what to do next,how to activate that on my usb.I dont want to start program automatically when insert usb,I want something like Damn Small Linux activation or .exe,with doubleclick. Can somebody answer me ? I also have some of windows programs on same usb,I hope that is not problem for Linux system.Sorry for my english,it is not my primary language.

check on irongeek.com he has a great tutorial on how to install auditor and backtrack to a drive, instead of the hard drive just select the usb drive, note for both of the distro's to work you will have to mess with grub or lilo and also possibly partition your usb drive. also i recommend using backtrack version two as it is the most recent and contains the same tools as auditor or better tools

Guest Twilight Zone

Yes,version two is in my computer.Thanks for info.

edit: I do everything from http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=securit...tpe-windows-usb

and at the end I see this : "Your BIOS must support booting from USB".

Well,my bios doesn't support booting from usb.How I can make run .iso or whatever without booting,like a normal .exe ? I dont want use usb only for BackTrack,I have many other windows programs and stuff on my usb.

Yes,version two is in my computer.Thanks for info.

edit: I do everything from http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=securit...tpe-windows-usb

and at the end I see this : "Your BIOS must support booting from USB".

Well,my bios doesn't support booting from usb.How I can make run iso or whatever without booting,like a normal .exe ? I dont want use usb only for BackTrack,I have many other programs and stuff on my usb.

Well BackTrack is an entire operating system. If you want to run it off an USB in Windows it would take some major modifications like installing some kind of x86 emulator. Like BOCHS or QEMU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtualization

Guest Twilight Zone

Too complicated for me.I download many versions of Slax and programs for emulation but nothing like a Damn Small Linux.Is it possible to put some of the tools from BackTrack (Slax based Linux) on differrent Linux platform,Damn Small Linux for example ? Some kind of reversion or something ?

Guest Twilight Zone

Too complicated for me.I download many versions of Slax and programs for emulation,BOCHS and QEMU too,but nothing like a Damn Small Linux.Is it possible to put some of the tools from BackTrack (Slax based Linux) on differrent Linux platform,Damn Small Linux for example ? Some kind of reversion or something ?

Too complicated for me.I download many versions of Slax and programs for emulation,BOCHS and QEMU too,but nothing like a Damn Small Linux.Is it possible to put some of the tools from BackTrack (Slax based Linux) on differrent Linux platform,Damn Small Linux for example ? Some kind of reversion or something ?
Well many tools from BackTrack have Windows versions too. And you could try including Cygwin on your USB and running the Unix/Linux/etc. programs from there.