[Release] 2.4.0 - Codename: Tractosaurus Rex!

Sebkinne

Trying to upgrade to the 2.4.0 but pineapple is saying "No Upgrade Found."

When I try to download the firmware manually using the provided link I get.

Error Over Quota

This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again later.

What's the deal? I'm assuming the above is also responsible for the "No Upgrade Found" error.

Trying to upgrade to the 2.4.0 but pineapple is saying "No Upgrade Found."

When I try to download the firmware manually using the provided link I get.

Error Over Quota

This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again later.

What's the deal? I'm assuming the above is also responsible for the "No Upgrade Found" error.

Where are you getting this error? We do not have a quota that we could go over..

Best regards,

Sebkinne

• 5 weeks later...

I think the current plan is to move the MK5 to the same software platform as a MK6 , however no date has been given for when this will occur.

So I doubt any new firmware releases will happen and the team will instead focus on the move from MK5 software platform to the MK6 software platform. (new API, modules instead of infusions and new UI for web etc)

Not sure if any of that would that will fix your reboots.

I just hope the Mark V will keep getting support though, only bought one last summer and don't want to go through the hassle of ordering from the United States again, it wasn't cheap considering the extra costs European customs required, and given the fact that it hasn't really worked that well to begin with...

Maybe I'll order a nano or a tetra , if my current Mark V starts getting the support it needs.

I understand you guys need to move along with current hardware developments and standards ( 802.11n ), but only 1 software upgrade before it being considered obsolete is a bit much.

Next time around, please, at least show a " coming soon Nano/Tetra " banner on the store page or something like that...

I'm glad to contribute to innovation, but now I've helped finance a new product I can't use...

I just hope the Mark V will keep getting support though, only bought one last summer and don't want to go through the hassle of ordering from the United States again, it wasn't cheap considering the extra costs European customs required, and given the fact that it hasn't really worked that well to begin with...

Maybe I'll order a nano or a tetra , if my current Mark V starts getting the support it needs.

I understand you guys need to move along with current hardware developments and standards ( 802.11n ), but only 1 software upgrade before it being considered obsolete is a bit much.

Next time around, please, at least show a " coming soon Nano/Tetra " banner on the store page or something like that...

I'm glad to contribute to innovation, but now I've helped finance a new product I can't use...

The EU Hakshop is a thing...

You can still use the Mark 5... You cannot expect a business to release their products just when it suits you. There is one primary dev for the pineapple, and you expect him to support 3 devices with different hardware while continuing to advance the project?

The Mark 5 wasn't even supposed to get the new UI. For $99 you get much more than you think you get.

The EU Hakshop is a thing...

You can still use the Mark 5... You cannot expect a business to release their products just when it suits you. There is one primary dev for the pineapple, and you expect him to support 3 devices with different hardware while continuing to advance the project?

The Mark 5 wasn't even supposed to get the new UI. For $99 you get much more than you think you get.

No, I don't expect that a company releases their products when it suits me in particular...

I expect companies to maintain a certain degree of support for devices that are only last-gen compared to those about to be released or just have been released.

Imagine buying a brand new iPhone and hearing that it won't be supported anymore whatsoever 6 months after buying it... in the sense of no more software upgrades or even bugfixes.

If I had known that the company was about to release new devices at the moment of deciding to purchase one, I would have at least waited 'till these were out and would have bought a new device on release. And with me, probably several other customers as well.

No, I don't expect that a company releases their products when it suits me in particular...

I expect companies to maintain a certain degree of support for devices that are only last-gen compared to those about to be released or just have been released.

Imagine buying a brand new iPhone and hearing that it won't be supported anymore whatsoever 6 months after buying it... in the sense of no more software upgrades or even bugfixes.

If I had known that the company was about to release new devices at the moment of deciding to purchase one, I would have at least waited 'till these were out and would have bought a new device on release. And with me, probably several other customers as well.

To be fair, the WiFi Pineapple MKV is over two years old, going on three.

We did however state multiple times that we will still update the MKV around February (focusing on the nano and tetra until then).

Best regards

Sebkinne

To be fair, they did this with the Tetra which is why I didn't buy the Nano. It doesn't seem realistic that a company would be able to tell their customers a new product is coming 6 months in advance when they aren't even sure of a release time yet or if their new device is even going to function properly. I for one am happy with Hak5's transparency about their products.

I'm not saying they're not transparent at all, I was just disappointed with the insinuation of halting support for the MKV.

But, as a new software upgrade should be available in February, I'm not complaining.

Might even buy a tetra, just for fun . :-)

Well you should buy a Nano or Tetra even both, hak5 needs to pay the bills, February isn't that far away if you decide not to.

Hey, at least send Seb some Red Bull, and a weird sticker to Darren.

Seb, Darren, maybe you can make an optional paid for, MarkV firmware to be "Lean and Mean" for use with the OMINOUS BOX, as an accessory unit for the Tetra/Nano, sort of a "Recon/deauth tool"??? No PineAp, nothing extra just recon, tracking and deauth only... I would pay $25 to keep the MarkV working with "Mark VI" series. Just a thought.

(FYI..... I bought both new units, a few of the older ones, and I'm not wealthy by any means, far from it)

*This opinion has not been paid for or authorized by Hak5 or any of its subsidiaries..

Edited by xrad

• 7 months later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I have manually installed successfully the firmware version 2.4.0 on my mark v. I couldn't do it through the web console. I am also unable to install infusions since when I try to update the infusion list nothing is displayed and I am stuck with the infusion by default. How can I solve please this problem.

I would be grateful if you help me fix this problem.

Thanks in advance

screenshot.png