Hak5 Forums
Mr-Protocol

General Lan Turtle Discussion

On 5/31/2018 at 2:39 PM, Just_a_User said:

Welcome to the Hak5 Gear 🙂 have you got the turtle online? plugged the LAN port into router or used the ICS script maybe? you can check by SSH into the Turtle and ping something like 8.8.8.8

Yes I have used the LAN port to plug it into the router and it is online for sure

On 6/2/2018 at 2:06 AM, Skull_Script said:

Yes I have used the LAN port to plug it into the router and it is online for sure

Wait, what about the lan turtle date/time? think i have been caught out with that before. SSH in check date/time with date command and if off set it correctly then try again. If that doesnt solve the update issue i would start looking at a manual upgrade or worst case a factory reset (requires opening so last resort really). Let us know how you got on.

I just received my Lan Turtle today, however, I'm having some issues, it wont register/connect to my windows 10 nor linux computer. I decided to see whether I can debrick it and opened it up but to my surprised, found no button to press for flashing. It also seems I bought the newer SD card one as opposed to the older version. Anyone else have this happen? Any advice?

1 hour ago, Jimmy_G said:

This is what I'm looking at:

The newer version lanturtle buttons look like this, I also took some time to pluck up the courage to push it hard enough to click 🙂

Selection_009.png

8 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

The newer version lanturtle buttons look like this, I also took some time to pluck up the courage to push it hard enough to click 🙂

Selection_009.png

Awesome, thank you!

And that didn't work either, I think I justs got a dud, defective one from manufacturing or something, unfortunately these things happen. I'll be sending it back to the retailer and be taking the replacement they were kind enough to offer me.