General Lan Turtle Discussion

Mr-Protocol

And that didn't work either, I think I justs got a dud, defective one from manufacturing or something, unfortunately these things happen. I'll be sending it back to the retailer and be taking the replacement they were kind enough to offer me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 11:39 PM, Just_a_User said:

The newer version lanturtle buttons look like this, I also took some time to pluck up the courage to push it hard enough to click ?

Selection_009.png

My Lanturtle SD that I got in the mail today, has no button. Firmware update failed, so I cant us it.

Any way to fix this?

IMG_20180821_025634.jpg

6 hours ago, H5.v6on said:

My Lanturtle SD that I got in the mail today, has no button. Firmware update failed, so I cant us it.

Any way to fix this?

Hummm thats different ? would you also post a pic of the other side in case there has been a variation?

4 hours ago, H5.v6on said:

yeah, that looks like a manufacturing issue - I would contact the official hakshop support https://hakshop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@Sebkinne fyi

Edited by Just_a_User

• 11 months later...

i am having trouble i just got another lan turtle and once i reset password "i get network error: connection refused" not sure why and suggestions??

43 minutes ago, Cpl-Creed said:

i am having trouble i just got another lan turtle and once i reset password "i get network error: connection refused" not sure why and suggestions??

Hi buddy,

That sounds bad, how did you set it up, and is there a way that you can start over?

Let me know how you get on, as I have had no problems to date🤓

ok so i have two win 10  vmwares up one "attckr" on "tgt" each has two vnics i plugged the turtle in the attckr and it allowed me to login in as root and change password once i clicked check for updates it had a "putty fatal error" network connection refused

also all three of my lights pineapple tetra are on and i  cannot access the pine ap? today is just not my day?

• 1 month later...

Looked at and bought a LAN Turtle 3,G Arrived todayguide

No instructions, no guide except for a short video on inserting SIM card. Even youtube appears devoid of Turtle 3G guide.

All I can find is guides for normal LAN Turtle and pages about issues with the 3G version.

More info on problems than how to use the 3G. Have I made an error in buying the 3G model? 

I think the docs they provide are helpful. https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/categories/360000979313-LAN-Turtle 

I do think the guide is the same for the 3g and regular turtle. 

I have found a lot of uses for my 3g and ended up with a second. I think they are great. 

Also I have found that when I have a specific question, the people here seem very willing to help. 

• 3 years later...

If you have been having an issue with things not running on boot when enabled in the GUI, I have found that creating cron jobs in the terminal are effective. I was able to manually start the OpenVPN module, but it would not start automatically on reboot. When you start a service, the GUI usually tells you the PSID(Process ID). To view it in the terminal, just use the "ps" command. Then you can see the command used by the system to start the module.

For example:

The OpenVPN module process is shown as - /usr/bin/openvpn --daemon --configure /etc/openvpn/my-vpn.conf

Use nano to create and edit a file. - nano "myfile.sh"

The specific command in this example is openvpn --daemon --configure /etc/openvpn/my-vpn.conf which just takes away the path from the command.

Save the file with CTRL+O

Exit the file with CTRL+X

Make the file executable with chmod +x "myfile.sh"

Use crontab -e, which will put you into a text editor like vi.

Type "i" to enable insert mode.

Then specify the time you would like this command to run, followed by your shell script

@reboot /"path-to-your-file"/"myfile.sh"

To exit and save press ESC, then type :"wq", and then Enter

Going through this process might help you further understand how Linux works. Figuring this out was definitely a rewarding experience for me. This concept should also work with any other modules that you are able to manually start, but will not start automatically after a reboot.