Mark V and Win XP Issues

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'll try to answer your questions here.

1. Sorry about that. If the hardware is damaged, please request an exchange. Sometimes this happens in shipping :(

2,3,4. Good.

5. The WiFi Pineapple MKV does not mount as a "drive" ever. You manage the WiFi Pineapple MKV over SSH or the webinterface. Could you explain what you expect?

6,7,8. Good. This is what you should be able to do.

9a. Again, we do not integrate with the OS directly right now. The WiFi Pineapple MKV is a stand alone device.

9b. What do you want to see? PineAP tile will show you client information, but if you explain what you wish to see, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

9c. Upgrades are important. We fix security issues and constantly add new features. Currently, the latest firmware is 2.3.0.

9d. All user infusions van be placed on the SD card. You can also set the pineap log to appear there.

9e. Not currently, sorry.

It sounds to me like the WiFi Pineapple MKV is functioning as it should.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'll try to answer your questions here.

1. Sorry about that. If the hardware is damaged, please request an exchange. Sometimes this happens in shipping :(

2,3,4. Good.

5. The WiFi Pineapple MKV does not mount as a "drive" ever. You manage the WiFi Pineapple MKV over SSH or the webinterface. Could you explain what you expect?

6,7,8. Good. This is what you should be able to do.

9a. Again, we do not integrate with the OS directly right now. The WiFi Pineapple MKV is a stand alone device.

9b. What do you want to see? PineAP tile will show you client information, but if you explain what you wish to see, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

9c. Upgrades are important. We fix security issues and constantly add new features. Currently, the latest firmware is 2.3.0.

9d. All user infusions van be placed on the SD card. You can also set the pineap log to appear there.

9e. Not currently, sorry.

It sounds to me like the WiFi Pineapple MKV is functioning as it should.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

**************************************************************************************************************
My Respons(es) Post(s) Deleted as assistance in this issue if few and fleeting.
Edited by wireless-agony

Geezzzzz - looks like this post/question died out rather quickly.

One thing I have noticed as different from other forums is that, this forum DISABLES you from talking about a problem/situation or having an ongoing discussion as it limits one to 3 posts per day. At this rate, posters could find a resolution by Xmas. A shame.

New users are limited on how many posts they can do per day to stop spam drive by.

Also Seb is preparing for Defcon at the moment, so he's kind of up to his eyeballs. I can appreciate how frustrating this is, but just be patient. You haven't been forgotten or ignored.

I feel I should point out that the pineapple is a tool for professional penetration testers. It's not designed to be just a simple "click and go" that the average computer user could pick up and start stealing gmail passwords from their neighbours.

Not trying to sound rude, but the overall impression your posts seem to have is that the pineapple isn't as simple as you expected. I'd highly suggest getting familiar with linux if you haven't already and then SSH into the pineapple to see exactly why your connection keeps dropping off. I don't mean to say "go work it out yourself" - I mean that it makes it easier to help you if you're more experienced in these areas.

Edited by Xcellerator

No, there is not any such disclaimer just as there isn't a disclaimer when you buy an oven saying that you need to be a cook. Nonetheless, if you buy an oven, you either already know how to cook or are going to learn how to cook. The same logic applies to the pineapple. When I said "click-and-go", I apologise for any confusion if you thought I was referring to your post. I meant from the way that you describe how you want the pineapple to work makes it sound like you just want to click a few buttons and expect things to happen. As anyone on this site will tell you, penetration testing (and in fact, hacking as a whole) is not a simple process. It requires insight and in-depth technical knowledge. You are right that everyone has to start somewhere, but believe me when I tell you that a certain amount has to be done by yourself. I'd highly recommend downloading a simple linux distribution (like Ubuntu) and install it onto a spare USB drive (Google it) and then boot into it on your computer. Learn some about linux and generally get comfortable with the command-line. It will help you enormously in everything you do with the pineapple.

All that being said, you said that you are seeking someone who can break down the operation of the pineapple. The pineapple is just a linux device. 100% of what you see when you're using the web interface is just a front-end for different linux commands that are being executed in the background. In theory, everything that is done in the web interface can just as easily been done through SSH instead. I cannot recommend highly enough that you familiarise yourself with linux. See this link that I found on Google: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/.

I understand your point about driving a car, but I don't see how it applies in this case. If we were talking about some Netgear router that I'd completely agree with you. You shouldn't need to have any knowledge of how networks work or linux to be able to setup a stock router from your ISP. But the pineapple isn't something for your average consumer. Its a sophisticated tool for professionals and enthusiasts (such as myself - I'm not a security professional. 100% hobbyist.) who are looking to explore and probe into wireless networks more easily. The vast majority of people who use a pineapple will already be very familiar with many, if not all, of the facilities that it offers. Once you've read that Linux Introduction in the last paragraph, then I'd also suggest reading "Metasploit Unleashed" (although its for Metasploit, it covers an enormous amount of content and applies to many areas of wireless hacking) here: https://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/.

I hope you enjoy getting into the field!

I DON'T THINK "LEARNING IT (LINUX)" IS MY DIRECTION...I THINK BEING SHOWN WHERE/WHAT TO "CLICK/ENTER" IN THE "FIVE" IS MY DESTINATION AND WHAT I SEEK

You've been clear that you aren't interested in learning how the platform works but that is exactly what everyone here on the forum is open to helping you achieve. I really don't know what you're expecting to get from us and I don't think there's anything else I can do for you.

https://hak5.org/category/episodes/pineapple-university

That covers the basics, and I do mean the basics, on how to get it up and running and starting to use the pineapple in it's basic form.

Individual infusions etc, you are on your own with them. There is also the pinned topics in the forums here.

IF THERE IS ANYONE WHOM HAS THE INTELLECTUAL ABILITY TO BREAK DOWN THE "FIVE'S" SELECTIONS/FUSIONS I HAVE TO MAKE TO GET THIS UP ON IT'S FEET, COOL.. I DON'T NEED NOR WANT TO RECEIVE CRITICISMS FOR ME ASKING.....I CAN LEARN AS I GO WITH THIS UP AND RUNNING.

You have already had the person who created the MkV firmware assisting you earlier. If you feel they do not posses the "intellectual ability"..........

Regarding the damage on shipping, just to be sure, did you buy from the Hakshop or the European reseller?

The closest there is to any walkthrough are the pinned topics, and the videos that have been done. If that does not satisfy you, perhaps someone will assist you if they have the time.

Do please remember though, this is a community.

Regarding the damage on shipping, just to be sure, did you buy from the Hakshop or the European reseller?

NOT RELEVANT AS OF YET HOWEVER, I POSTED ONE OF THE 5 PICTS I TOOK.

I was only wishing to perhaps see where the damage may have occurred during transit. As I am the European reseller I do like to keep abreast of possible issues with shipping.