Can we talk IP Cameras?

melectrok

For the most part, cameras are like the police. They don't prevent crime, they're just a deterrence, and take pictures of the aftermath.

I've installed 40 of these at a client site. http://www.security-camera-warehouse.com/the-wasp-pro-3-0-43230.php

A half dozen of these. http://www.security-camera-warehouse.com/the-guardian-pro-3-0-41230.php

And 5 or 6 of these. http://www.security-camera-warehouse.com/the-sentinel-pro-2-0-ir-46420.php

They all record to a shared DVR with about 30Tb of drive space.

The zoom on the ptz is freaking awesome.

gpm_franklin_03_20150123170009331%252525

The red dumpsters are about 200 feet from the camera, which is 40 feet in the air.

gpm_franklin_03_20150123170050021%25255B

Edited by barry99705

I have been planning this for a while... with the linux software 'motion'

There are a few choice locations at my house that if a person walks through, or if some one is inside my woodshop... I will receive a txt msg on my phone showing a url to witch camera was triggered ...

Monitor my car when I'm asleep, stuff has been stolen from my car about 3 times... I have experience this before, people sneak around at night and check for unlocked doors...

If you seen my neighborhood, All older people with hot rods in the garage... it is a desirable neighborhood... 20 homes in the community... I suspect it could be a troubled young adult that lives here! Or

Our road is a one way in, no reason for anyone to pass threw here in the middle of the night...

it could be a drug addict...

So, I have spent alot of time thinking about this system, it will function to my if expression's... it will be the most affordable do it yourself home security system... I only need 2 cameras, 4 would be best and a raspberry...

when a person decides to secure their home. it's usually too late and they have already been robbed...

My camera housing was made with one of these.

With one of these and these at one end.

With a piece of plexi glass cut to fit inside the other end. I used silicone to seal the plexi in place.

Depending on your web cam, or usb camera, you could go down in size for everything. Try to use the white pvc or abs pipe and not the black. No need to cook your electronics. I didn't see the need to put anything on the threads of the cleanout plug, just snugged it up. Rain isn't under pressure so you're really not going to get any water inside. Like I said before, I just plugged the bottom with closed cell foam they use to pack computers in their boxes. I cut a slit in the plug so the network cable could come out and made sure it was pointing down. Any condensation will drip out the hole, or will just evaporate.

My camera housing was made with one of these.
With one of these and these at one end.
With a piece of plexi glass cut to fit inside the other end. I used silicone to seal the plexi in place.

LOVE IT! :smile:

Edited by Cooper