Fastest torrent speeds

Duelus

Duelus, you realize it's illegal in the US (where Hak5 is based, adn the server resides in) to download The Matrix, Full Metal Alchemist (which sucks anyways) and Lost, right?

I understand the argument for downloading Lost, since you wanna catch up and all, but MPAA doesn't.

Just a heads up.

But I always cap out at about 100kb/s and my internet ALWAYS slows downt o a crawl. And no, I DON'T have incorrectly configured router settings.

Torrents frequently tend to max out my line. I've got 10/1 ADSL and getting a 1 MB/s download off of a torrent is nothing unusual. It just has to be a for a big and puopular file.

I was stoned, so by the time i'd come to that conclusion it had finished. I was wondering about setting up a private internal bit torrent service to replace samba. Stop people trying to mount ISO's on my harddrives over a shitty wifi signal.

2 and half MB... downloading a suse iso... i was also downloading hak5 ep4 season 1, geek drome and some other films at around 200-400 kbytes/s each. I was trying to max out my connection...didnt work :)

/me puts his e-shlong away

Im not sure whats wrong with my bit torrent because, say I have 10kBs DL and 10kBs UL. When I play games eg. BF2142 I get really high pings, so if I stop all torrent files my ping drops back to normal. This happens regardless of the amount of upload or download from bit torrent. With my connection I can easly get 256kBs just downloading off a website. I use bit comet BTW. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

It happens because you have a lot of concurrent connections not doing much, thats why when you browse with torrents on pages take ages to load and suddenly pop up. An XP has a 10 concurrent connection hard limit (can be modded though)

A good analogy would be a bar where every time a customer comes to the bar, the staff have to walk over and say "be with you in a minute" even if there doing something already. Come Friday night you'll have to wait ages to be served because the staff are doing nothing but walking around saying "be with you in a minute".

The only way to fix this is to lower the amount of connections you allow and patching XP to allow more connections.

Doubt there is a hard limit to it, I've not used smoothwall before myself so i can't offer a definitive answer. Probably just to many connections. This is why I forced my flatmate's to only download one file at once and not to seed 30 files on public trackers. Limit the number connections and only download one file at once, only seed one file at once. Each person who connects to you ties up bandwidth, so the more connections you have the less your game will have to play with.

I was stoned, so by the time i'd come to that conclusion it had finished. I was wondering about setting up a private internal bit torrent service to replace samba. Stop people trying to mount ISO's on my harddrives over a shitty wifi signal.

Why would someone want to mount an ISO over WiFi ??

and could you point me to a safe resouece on the moding the win xp conection I just read something about it and I cant rember whare.

my speed is ushaly not a big deal it just seems like fun to try.

http://www.lvllord.de/

As for the iso/wifi debacle... who knows why these people do half the things they do... like seed every torrent they've ever downloaded and complain that google is broken. And after a while the glazed look of incomprehension they give you after the 200th time you explain why its a bad idea just starts killing the part of you that cares.

And after a while the glazed look of incomprehension they give you after the 200th time you explain why its a bad idea just starts killing the part of you that cares.

Oh, never a truer word spoken, I keep trying to find ways to phrase that... thanks ;)