Airodump CSV exports are weak!

kmuzumdar

I'm using the Airodump Ng Scan Visualizer which takes a CSV file, so I configured a boot mode to output CSV. My airodump pcap is a decent sized file, and it finds lots of endpoints. When I write as CSV, it's a very small file and all the clients are not detected.

Kismet gives me the most data but I can't get signal strength out of that, so that's out. Maybe there's something I need to add to the configuration? Take a look:

Kismet:

ifconfig wlan1 down && iwconfig wlan1 mode monitor && ifconfig wlan1 up && kismet_server && ifconfig wlan0 down

Airodump Pcap:

ifconfig wlan1 up; airmon-ng start wlan1; airodump-ng --write /sd/airodump.pcap --output-format pcap mon0 

My attempt at making the airodump example code better (did give me a slightly larger file):

ifconfig wlan0 down; ifconfig wlan1 down; iwconfig wlan1 monitor mode; ifconfig wlan1 up; airmon-ng start wlan1; airodump-ng --write /sd/dump.csv --output-format csv mon0

Airodump example code from boot modes page:

ifconfig wlan1 down; iwconfig wlan1 monitor mode; ifconfig wlanifconfig wlan1 up; airmon-ng start wlan1; airodump-ng --write /sd/Newdump.csv --output-format csv mon0

Basically I'm not getting all the information I should be out of the csv's. The airodump.pcap is better, but not as good as kismet. However, I can't use Kismet since there's no signal strength really.

I like the visualizer a lot so I want CSV's, and exporting as CSV from Wireshark didn't work for the program. If anyone knows another visualizer that'd be good. WifiSpy, which I saw on here a while back, didn't work too well for me.

Thanks!

Edited by kmuzumdar

I got better data by keeping wlan1 down actually (so both physical adapters are down)--I guess that remedied some sort of channel hopping bug. However, if anyone has any visualization tools you recommend I'd appreciate it. Or even some more efficient ways of doing this.

Also, is there some code I can add to the boot mode which will just give me the clients around as opposed to data for the access points, etc. Ideally I could go somewhere and get a log file of just the people's devices around me--and that's about it.

Thanks