grabbing newest shadow with vssown then deleting

If there are already shadows on the system and I use vssown /create and attempt to grab Shadow1, I'm not grabbing the shadow I just created. Is there a way to get the ID for the newest shadow so I can grab the right one, then use that ID to delete the shadow after I'm finished? Cheers!

make a batch file and add this:

vssadmin Delete Shadows /All /quiet

I should have been more specific in my post. The goal is to make it automated with little to no disruption. I would want to keep any shadows that are already on the system, but automatically create/dump/delete one.

I should have been more specific in my post. The goal is to make it automated with little to no disruption. I would want to keep any shadows that are already on the system, but automatically create/dump/delete one.

why not delete them all and create a new one and use that new one? a batch file can delete them all then run vssown. you can use twin duck firmware as mass storage device too. i use the mimikatz payload to run an exe file that is on the ducky.

Here are some options..vssadmin Delete Shadows /For=VolumeSpec [/Oldest] [/Quiet]vssadmin Delete Shadows /Shadow=ShadowID [/Quiet]vssadmin Delete Shadows /All /quiet

Example Usage: vssadmin Delete Shadows /For=C: /Oldest /quiet

if you still want to delete a specific shadowcopy then use this one

vssadmin Delete Shadows /Shadow=ShadowID [/Quiet]
Edited by shamwow