Strongest non directional antenna for Mark V

Primz

Hi all, am looking for the strongest non directional antennas i can get for the Mark V? I have also just order a Yagi but would like to replace the box standard antennas the Mark V comes with, with some more powerful ones.

Any Advice or recommendations

Thanks in advance

Long range biquad. Home build:

Long rane kali repeater. Raspberry pi:

so far, my testing shows a parabola (boll/dish like focal point)

I made some tinfoil parabola dishes that have made some incredible distances...

Fact is, All the networking towers use parabola...

Backfire dish I got from Amazon... I used in the second video...

Edited by i8igmac

Long range biquad. Home build:

Long rane kali repeater. Raspberry pi:

so far, my testing shows a parabola (boll/dish like focal point)

I made some tinfoil parabola dishes that have made some incredible distances...

Fact is, All the networking towers use parabola...

Backfire dish I got from Amazon... I used in the second video...

He asked for omnidirectional antennas and you give him two directional antennas. There's a couple threads around here with sma omni antennas on amazon.

Pssh i have yet to honestly find a antenna that can pick up networks around 1.2 miles away I got a Biquad Dish on a Tube2u now im not sure if the dish needs to be facing down at the ground or if it needs to face straight to the way i wanna pick up networks my friend claims you aimt it into the earths core but i've done didn't pick up anything different tested both ways so not sure how high i should place the dish in the air either.

Granted their is alot of stuff in the way so that possibly counts down on the signal obviously but playing $200 for a Biquad dish with a Tube2u was a joke and a waste of money.

I have one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/141245372931 complete joke i guess if you had it on a mountain aiming down at a city it might be good but for where i am its a waste LOL.

you mean a Tube 2H?

Yeah mine is out in the garage on my biquad dish

https://www.facebook.com/ZaraByte/videos/889106311153567/ Old video i did playing around with the Biquad Dish

Ah yes, when a diy solution like this is made, with the satellite dishes and a biquad, you have to be rather precise with the angling you put the biquad so it's signal is coming from the direct center of the dish.

it will be rather directional. They will do better if it is high in the air, like on your rooftop so it doesn't have too much blocking the signals, and with a slight angle downwards from the horizon line ( depending on your surroundings of course )

And in regards to the op, the best omni directional will probably be a 9dbi standard like that in the hakshop, I think it's at 12dbi with omnidirectional antennas that the signals start to "V" upwards. And if that's no problem with the upwards type "V" signal, just place the antenna high ( maybe rooftop high ) and upside down, and you will get better results as such in that scenario. Just remember the higher the dbi in standard omnidirectional, the more narrow the signals gets and tighter in that V shape waveform.

Now there are things that try to surpass this bit, and the are ones such as this WiFi discone omnidirectional antenna, and this is even an easy diy solution, but is better for signal quality at this than range ( schematics for range probably exist, but I haven't looked )

https://youtu.be/IaFSX7ycj0I

Edited by DataHead