Legal question iptv show

Guest K1u

Well me and my friend Brennan (he is on this forum) r making a iptv show and i was wondering could we get into any legal trouble if we show how to make no - cd cracks or would we have to say were doing this for educational purposes or something like that???

From what I understand you want to know if you'll get into legal trouble if you use no cd cracks for you're IPTV show, well 'no cd cracks' are legal because you're not cracking the cd. So I'd say you're good...

But if you want to try again and use some spelling/grammar and a touch of proof reading I'd be happy to have you a second opinion.

From what I understand you want to know if you'll get into legal trouble if you use no cd cracks for you're IPTV show, well 'no cd cracks' are legal because you're not cracking the cd. So I'd say you're good...

But if you want to try again and use some spelling/grammar and a touch of proof reading I'd be happy to have you a second opinion.

i'm gonna disagree with that. atleast in australia license agreements usually state you may not reverse engineer the product. if its the same where you are, you're SOL

You know that he meant no-cd cracks. Why must people always give smart ass comments. Since he was talking aobut legal trouble, you knew full well what he meant.

If you're based in the United States, then YES. It violates the DMCA.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass when I read that it looked like he's asking something totally different. Most of the time I could care less about grammar and the such so long as I can understand it, and I had to read that three times before I was able to understand it. And still I didn't get no-cd cracks until you reminded me that there was such a thing.

IANAL but I play one on slashdot.

Title 17, Chapter 12, Section 1201 states:

"No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title."

The full code can be found here:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/us...01----000-.html

Also read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

Ever wonder how in the 1x02 segment on installing OSX on x86 we never showed the actual commands to acomplish this task, nor did we provide further information in the show notes? That's what we call CYA, as back then Hak.5 was operating as a sole proprietorship, meaning basically had we shown everything you needed to know to circumvent copyright we would be in violation of the DMCA and our asses would be on the line. Thankfully now it's setup as an LLC and still we've yet to break the DMCA (Hacking the CVS Digital Camera anyone?)

Hope that helps.

It's your own security you're circumventing, and you chose to allow yourself to do it.

With the current draconian laws that the US put in place a company could use ROT-13 'encryption'. If you 'crack' that, you're still breaking the law because they never allowed you to do that. Yay USA. I'll just stay in .nl, thanks.

I love N. Ireland .. they dont have time to investigate shitty coppywritght laws, I mean, like in my school there is a person who make ALOT of oney out of selling CD's/DVD's/Software at very reasonable prices

Well i have carefully read over all your advice and i am not sure what to do...but the reason i have wanted to do this is because ever since i was young i have always wondered how they are made and i thought it would be cool to show people how to make them because you cant really find any nice tutorials to do this. I had and idea to make a fake exe file and show them from that? it would be kinda of n00bish though.

Oh and Duelus

K0H - REDWIND: Duelus is an ass

K0H - ErFan: kiu heh he is

K0H - ErFan: lol

K0H - REDWIND: lol

K0H - K1u - |eadeR: lol

K0H - REDWIND: no but rly hes a gay wad

K0H - K1u - |eadeR: hes not that gay

K0H - REDWIND: who

K0H - ErFan: lol

K0H - REDWIND: hes such a asshole

K0H - ErFan: yeah

K0H - K1u - |eadeR: yeah hes not a huge asshole like theres other douchebags on the fourm

K0H - REDWIND: like sparda i wonder if he even reads threads

K0H - ErFan: wanna play hl2dm

K0H - ErFan: ...

:lol::lol: :o