Love or Hate Mr. Robot?

Coalminer22

Mr. Robot - Love it or Hate it?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Mr.Robot series?

• Love it!
    • Meh - its OK
    • Hate it!
    • Undecided

Just saw the first episode Mr Robot

I liked it great deal, but was surprised to see a mainstream series that had this type of realistic portrayal in to the hacker world that I haven't felt since watching the original hackers movie. Maybe I'm just getting old but I cant decide if i'm in culture shock or having flashbacks from watching this...

Has today's culture changed more than I think it has in light of all the data breaches and constant news.. will we see more shows where digital samurai are the norm, a paradigm shift similar to revenge of the nerds movies if you will, or is this show to be one of a kind?

I'm interested to see how it evolves and if this will die quickly or is only the start based on public interests

So do you guys love or hate it?

I couldn't finish it....it was just too cliche... typical socially inept hacker genius..? I mean applaud them for trying to give him a more human down to earth side... with problems etc.. but it just came off as too archtypical. Plus you know where the story is going, where this kid is going to outsmart everyone cause he's *that* good... Meh, I wouldn't say I hated it, but it just seems like I know what's coming, and have little interest in seeing it unfold

• 2 weeks later...

I like it.. yes is cliche, but I rather see a real hacker cliche than a hollywood wannabe hacker that kicks everyones ass fighting like bruce lee... so in two words cliche if is accurate I can live with... dream movies with hot girls and walt disney plots with stereotype morals from the top I cant stand it.

Edited by rek2wilds

Just done the first 3 available episodes and have to say is so so. It's like American beauty meets swordfish in a weird way with a mix of suits.

I wouldn't say Iv been won over yet but will be staying tuned for next episode.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't finish it....it was just too cliche... typical socially inept hacker genius..? I mean applaud them for trying to give him a more human down to earth side... with problems etc.. but it just came off as too archtypical. Plus you know where the story is going, where this kid is going to outsmart everyone cause he's *that* good... Meh, I wouldn't say I hated it, but it just seems like I know what's coming, and have little interest in seeing it unfold

What episode did you stop at? I have to say I did feel the same in the beginning but trust it's not what it seems at all Elliott is an unpredictable character especially with his drug usage and joining Fsociety