Mark 5 Installation Issues

johnny12

Hi all,

I just received a Mark V.

I connected it to my computer via ethernet, and went to the specified address to configure it.

I also set my wireless adapter to shared, and changed the settings on the pineapple adapter as per the instruction booklet.

Whenever I attempt to upgrade firmware, it is stuck saying "checking for update", without ever actually getting to a loading screen.

Another problem I have is that when the pineapple is connected via ethernet, it crashes my computers wireless adapter very often.

Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Try updating with the pineapple in client mode instead of trying internet connection sharing.

I just tried updating it via client mode. It worked the first time, and updated the firmware to 2.3.0.

It appears to be very faulty when staying connected to a network, even with a strong network connection (Via client mode).

Whenever I try to use the pineapple again, it needs me to connect to the network again via client mode. It says "Connection initiated. See below for connection details.", but when I go to use it, for example to check the firmware, it says "Error connecting. Please check your WiFi Pineapple's internet connection." even though just a few seconds ago it said connected.

I just tried connected to my network again via client mode, it says connected, and I refresh, showing the wlan1 connection information, after I refresh for a few seconds, it loses the connection.

Any suggestions on what to do with a pineapple that does not appear to be able to hold a connection stable?

Try updating with the pineapple in client mode instead of trying internet connection sharing.

I had it working for a while, downloaded and tested out some infusions, however eventually it always seems to knock out my computers wifi, even when I have it configured to client mode.

(Pineapple connected to router via client mode, and pineapple connected to computer via ethernet to access pineapple panel)

Any ways to solve this?