Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedeadhand

Nethunter?

Hey guys why haven't you done an episode on Kali Nethutner, its like the craziest thing ever.

p.s. runs like crap on nexus 5, runs great on nexus 6 with a few bugs

it runs on older model nexus tablets which are usually less then $150.

Hey guys why haven't you done an episode on Kali Nethutner, its like the craziest thing ever.

p.s. runs like crap on nexus 5, runs great on nexus 6 with a few bugs

That's weird, it runs fine for me on my Nexus 5

Sounds like you have 2 options:

1. Give more info on what you see happening, what you tried to fix this situation and what, if any, difference that made... you know, debug the issue.

2. Give up, and blame the product for your own inabilities.

Are you sure you want to go with option #2?

My issue with nethunter is that on the newer nexus 7 2013 wifi, they dont support otg, so no wifite or similar. Similarly I have an older nexus 7 running 4.4.4 and it often crashes using monitor mode and reboots itself. The devices are good for a portable linux alternative to carrying a laptop, but I need to carry my nano to do any wireless auditing. too many devices sitting in my pockets / bag I feel like.

I've a Nexus 7 2013 and it runs nethunter with zero issues.....

I got it setup on my 2012 Nexus 7 last Thurs and haven't noticed any issues with it either (I don't have anything else installed other than nethunter on the android os tho just to note)

I've a Nexus 7 2013 and it runs nethunter with zero issues.....

Do you have an adapter connected to it running in monitor mode? I can't for the life of me get one to work. On a side note, it took me over a week just to get nethunter installed. Apparently there was a big batch of n7 2013s that were sold at fry's and a couple other places that shipped with 5.0.1 and had slightly different hardware. (Don't remember exactly what it was a while ago) anyway I had one of those and I couldn't get twrp installed, it wouldn't mount the filesystem. Someone modified and made a multirom version of twrp that worked with these specific models, which I have. That may have something to do with all the problems I have.

Last night I tried to install marshmallow and Kali 3.0. But had to drop down to lollipop Kali 3.0 because it took away USB tether and I couldn't use my nano.

But anyway, I can't get an adapter to work with it and I have several. I just get dmesg errors and no interface, even though it shows up with lsusb. I know I'm not doing anything wrong cause it works with my 2012 nexus, that thing is slow as heck though. I've read it's an otg issue.

I run it on my 2012 Nexus 7 with only a few bugs. Can't seem to get USB MITM to work and Duckhunter doesn't like \ on UK keyboards and has issues when changing the keyboard layout. Other than that, runs pretty smoothly!

I bought a Nexus 6 for $240 local off craigslist was unlocked ended up getting 1 year of StraightTalk service when I bought a $45 card so im not sure how I got 1 year of service for $45 but I did because its been 2 months now I haven't had to add a new card yet and it says my service doesn't end till 2017 but eh.

Many of you might have remembered I had an issue with my Nexus 7 2013 Tablet not working with the NANO so i ended up buying a Nexus 6 I've done 2 videos on the Nexus 6 and Nethunter so far just im really not in the mood for videos im kinda sitting back having fun doing what I wanna do till I wanna get back into making videos.

Screen Shot:

3WLHHJw.jpg

I failed to make nethunter of Nexus5.

Fucxing boot loop of Google... Shi;t

Iv got it set up on a my nexus 5, the only issue i have is the alfa nha not working, just ordered another otg y cable, i believe the phone isnt powering the adapter, just have to wait for the cable and see, it works on lappy so i just need the right cable.

And i had the boot loop the other night, i couldnt do anything,, all i could find on the net was, power button , all i did in the end was press the power button very hard a few times, and it fixed it, for now at least. It was still plugged into lappy,i was trying to use the nexus root kit, to see if i could sort it through that, but because its stuck in loop you cant even get into recovery mode,,, but yep all i did in the end was, press power button hard a few times.

Anybody heard anything about it on the new nexus devices 6p or 5x. I saw one person trying to port it over to 6P but have not seen anything more about it.

On 4/18/2016 at 9:05 AM, ZaraByte said:

I bought a Nexus 6 for $240 local off craigslist was unlocked ended up getting 1 year of StraightTalk service when I bought a $45 card so im not sure how I got 1 year of service for $45 but I did because its been 2 months now I haven't had to add a new card yet and it says my service doesn't end till 2017 but eh.

What is StraightTalk? Are you using NetHunter and a Pineapple with an actual cell phone service, or local?

On 11/8/2016 at 2:07 PM, Decoy said:

What is StraightTalk? Are you using NetHunter and a Pineapple with an actual cell phone service, or local?

https://www.straighttalk.com/ I was using NetHunter with the Pineapple however I refuse to let my phone be vulnerable to exploits so I will not run NetHunter on my phone anymore. My issue with NetHunter is the image on the nethunter website is outdated and can't be used on newer versions of android so that leaves your phone vulnerable to attacks I mean you could be browsing the web on your phone and get owned by a public exploit.

I tried to build my own image everything appears to work just not the Kali Terminal and the noobs over at offensive security are busying robbing companies out of money rather then fixing bugs and issues with NetHunter I mean what kinda idiot would run a outdated Android and be in the security field.

I don't get what stops them from releasing updated builds of NetHunter.

9 hours ago, ZaraByte said:

https://www.straighttalk.com/ I was using NetHunter with the Pineapple however I refuse to let my phone be vulnerable to exploits so I will not run NetHunter on my phone anymore. My issue with NetHunter is the image on the nethunter website is outdated and can't be used on newer versions of android so that leaves your phone vulnerable to attacks I mean you could be browsing the web on your phone and get owned by a public exploit.

I tried to build my own image everything appears to work just not the Kali Terminal and the noobs over at offensive security are busying robbing companies out of money rather then fixing bugs and issues with NetHunter I mean what kinda idiot would run a outdated Android and be in the security field.

Yeah, that's why I'm using my older Nexus Devices for NetHunter, and never with a carrier. I've had every Nexus, and now I've got the Pixel XL, so I've got NetHunter on my Nexus 7, and Nexus 6. I use them only on wifi, and for pentesting. Still having some problems with it though, I only just started using it.