Wideband SDR successfully demonstrated before TadHack 2015

Hello All,

Over this past weekend, I demonstrated the wideband full duplex SDR MIMO before TadHack2015 held @ the Illinois Institute of Technology and here is their review:

IITRTC_Co_Chairs_Impression_of_WindyCity

https://twitter.com/WarrenBent/status/610140789537173504

The following is how my TadHack 2015 table looked with all the different version of the SDR boards:

CHf9xhUWIAAfV-g.jpg

CHf9yDJWwAARtjB.jpg

CHf9wvdWoAEYZ7L.jpg

CHf9x5RWEAE9MxJ.jpg

Video: OpenBTS connecting 2 GSM Mobiles + Google Voice + Wideband SDR MIMO

https://youtu.be/Bz19pIKPzt8

Okay Martin, I'm going to try one last time.

The thing exists. I never doubted that. I don't recall ever saying I doubted that. Plenty of pics to prove it, for quite some time now.

But for quite some time people, myself included, have been asking you "When can I buy one and what will it cost?"

WHY is this such a difficult question for you to answer?

The only thing you say about the price is that it'll be cheaper than the competition (by X margin... whatever, I don't care, that was NOT my question).

So, I would very much like your next response to contain 2 things:

- An actual price for the device.

- A date which would be the date on which I can go to some website, fork over the price you mentioned before and, within a reasonable timeframe (weeks rather than months), end up receiving your product so I can go wild.

Don't show me pics of it, tweets other people made about it, benchmark images you created with it, screenshots of the thing in action, presentations you made about it, slides from said presentations, etc, etc.

A number and a date. Please.

The boards look professionally manufactured, all he has to do is ask the manufacturer how much it would be per unit if they scaled it up to 1000 or so.

Hopefully it's not vaporware from a sales point of view.

The boards look professionally manufactured, all he has to do is ask the manufacturer how much it would be per unit if they scaled it up to 1000 or so.

MetaTron,

I'm demonstrating the SDR next week before the following

CGxQro3WwAE46fn.png

Techweek Chicago 2015 - technology conference and festival

techweek.com/chicago/ Techweek Chicago is the largest technology conference in the Midwest. .
Edited by WindyCitySDR

Hmm...apparently he has been demonstrating this for years now. Also, every time someone asks for a price and/or possible release date he talks about demonstrating it more. It very well may not be, but I'm calling BS on this.

Hmm...apparently he has been demonstrating this for years now. Also, every time someone asks for a price and/or possible release date he talks about demonstrating it more. It very well may not be, but I'm calling BS on this.

Careful, you'll hurt his feels and he'll start calling you names.

Careful, you'll hurt his feels and he'll start calling you names.

Barry,

You could NEVER hurt my feelings but the following might hurt YOURs as I demonstrated this yesterday:

CIcojCgUYAA1tDD.jpg

Or this

http://postimg.org/image/5ztduzfez/

Barry, as you shoot at me, I shoot back

http://postimg.org/image/mp9sqf7mh/

Hak5 Forum members, I'm from Chicago, the City that started both the USA's, then the World's Mobile Phone Industry. And as you are ALL probably aware, Chicago is a EXTRA violent city. So people who "BS" don't live long in THIS city.

There is ZERO BS. I'll report back :-)

Edited by WindyCitySDR

Whatever dude. You've been asked how much the thing is going to cost, you keep tap dancing around the answer. We see it's a real device. As for Chicago, big whoop. I'm from Alaska, where people aren't at the top of the food chain and almost everyone carries.

Whatever dude. You've been asked how much the thing is going to cost, you keep tap dancing around the answer. We see it's a real device. As for Chicago, big whoop. I'm from Alaska, where people aren't at the top of the food chain and almost everyone carries.

Since this 1 SDR board can be expanded to meet the same RF range of existing MORE EXPENSIVE SDR devices, again, your just really paying crazy prices for a " Fatter FPGA and/or Faster Interface " hence I am HONESTLY unsure as of yet as to pricing.

Availability is REAL as all boards are made within the Chicago area and would be available within 30 days or less which isn't a problem.

The problem is manufacturing costs and unless I have real true VOLUME,

I'm just HONESTLY losing my ass on the boards.

So as "metatron" said EMPIRICALLY,

... it'll only become "Vaporware" to THE PUBLIC as I will ALWAYS have this board,

unless I HONESTLY can get 100 paying whomevers and everything again, will be made

out of the Chicago area at a facility where you can go and watch them the boards being assembled.

This has BEEN the issue since I don't want to "Outsource" as I see how weakened the USA has become!

The Chicago Tech Scene is beneath embarrassing considering its history and this is a HONEST attempt at getting Chicago to make SUBSTANTIAL technology like it previously did before shipping its ENTIRE manufacturing capabilities overseas = Motorola

Chicago's MURDER rate has been sky high ever since

Wake up Barry, the difference between Alaska, per you, where your from, and Chicago, where I'm from,

... In Alaska, everyone knows each other, and " Carrying ", I'm assuming you mean a GUN, isn't necessarily illegal

In Chicago,... Barry, come to Chicago with what you said please and let's find out... You mentioned this :-)

This was made by a USA Defense contract friend of mine as a JOKE to ME

http://postimg.org/image/mp9sqf7mh/

So laugh... it is indeed funny but true as these SDR devices are TRULY a threat to the expensive SDRs in existence today.

Edited by WindyCitySDR

Hak5 Forum Members,

And I fully admit that I am from Chicago, but when I tell you that the " Chicago Tech Scene " is embarrassing, these are the "Top 16 Tech Start ups " out of the 130 "Techweek Launch 2015 Competitors":

Congratulations to the 16 Chicago Launch Championship Semi Finalists and their times on the K&L Gates stage tomorrow! These teams are competing for over $85,000 in cash in prizes in Chicago alone!

spoonacular

OFNI

Review Trackers

Haystaq

PeopleVine

Verie, LLC.

MySwimPro

EscaWheel

Otobots

SORC'D

Apollo Medical Devices

Shurpa

HAAS, inc.

Hello Parent

Microphone Rocks

eSale Solution

https://www.f6s.com/techweeklaunch/groups

I can't MAKE this stuff up, nor YOU either Barry!

Its so sad here :-(

Edited by WindyCitySDR

Rather than seeing who has a bigger dick, let's remain focussed on the issue at hand:

When can we get it and how much will it cost.

You triumphantly asked me in the other thread, now closed, "you still think I need Kickstarter" and given your response in message 11 in this topic, "The problem is manufacturing costs and unless I have real true VOLUME, I'm just HONESTLY losing my ass on the boards" the answer to that question is an emphatic YES! This is the exact thing Kickstarter was created for in the first place - allow your buying audience to invest now in the creation of a device they will, at some point in the near-ish future receive.

You should at this stage already have a pretty good idea of what the manufacturing cost of the device is and thus at what volume the thing gets a reasonable price tag (for your own definition of reasonable). That means you can NOW start a kickstarter campaign where your target amount is for that first volume run. In that kickstarter campaign you can state how many devices the run will produce, what the unit price is going to be and when you expect to deliver it after the total amount has been raised.

So please, be the entrepreneur you set out to be and get to work on making money off of your efforts. Otherwise before you know it some other guy will invent something similar, beating you to the punch and all you have is a stack of faded con photos an a dusty slide deck.

WindyCitySDR,

You've been asked multiple times to give even an approximate cost. You have not. You have been asked multiple times to give an approximate availability. You have not.

We want this device, but you yourself have clearly said you lack the funds.

So go kickstarter it. Work out what one would cost to build, tack on whatever on top (20%) then the shipping. Bang! Make that your entry level for getting one of them on the kickstarter.

I promise you, right now, in front of the whole forum, you kick starter it, I will support it. I will give you some of my money to get this going.

But honestly, stop the whole "I'm bigger and harder than you." "Look at it, I have a board." We don't care how hard you claim to be. I don't care that you have a board. I want a board. Let me buy a board. Let me support your kickstarter. Please.

Cooper, Riker,

I'm NOT trying to " Emote being harder/tougher " than ANYONE, but I am NOT playing either

As you can see from the pictures, I am NOT playing.

Bottom line, give me a couple of days to think please.....

• 3 weeks later...