Christmas Presents !!!

film

It sounds like we all need decoder rings for Christmas!

So far the only thing I'm really wanting for Christmas is an mp3 player. I've heard that the Zune is highly overrated, and the iPod, well, it's an iPod. I think the trend for iPod's has worn off and I would really like to be able to watch movies on the go. I despise all things trendy so I've always had a hatred for the iPod. I currently have a 1gb iRiver and have loved it. I've had it for a little over a year now (when 1gb was a lot) but I seem to be sharing it with everyone in the family so my little portion of it doesn't hold much. :cry:

What's everyone's thoughts on the 80gb video iPod? Is it worth it or should I look at other devices? (nokia 770 perhaps?)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you ever see that thing where you can mix up all the letters as long as you keep the first and last in the same plcae .. it geos aibt lkie tihs buecase yuor biran olny raed the fsrit and lsat lteetrs

True true I can read that easly enough :)

But yea probably wouldnt work for people for whom english is their second language.

As for what I want for christmas, $$ so that I can buy some hardware. I nearly have enough money to build a computer(my first computer ever!)...

-cheap AM2 mobo

-athlon 64 3000+ or a sempron 3500+ (please help I cant decide which one, they are same price)

-2*512mB cheapest RAM

-7600GT

-HDD between 160 and 300GB

-cheap case and PSU

(Sempron = Celeron) != Athlon 64

Unless you want a super cheap machine don't bother with the cut price budget chips.

did you ever see that thing where you can mix up all the letters as long as you keep the first and last in the same plcae .. it geos aibt lkie tihs buecase yuor biran olny raed the fsrit and lsat lteetrs

Not for me and English is my 1st language.

Unless you want a super cheap machine don't bother with the cut price budget chips.

Kool thanks

Not for me and English is my 1st language.

I have been told before that when I read words I see the shapes but not the letters. Therefore since I read a lot I can tell when a word is spelt wrong easly, but I wont know how to spell it.

Although you should really make an effort to spell things right and use proper english grammar ect. especially if you are pissing off an admin by not spelling things correctly.

Funny. I actually have a Sempron 2600+ in my main box ATM. :D

Quite happy with it to be honest.

Fair enough, but your a coder, not one of todays game playing, multi-media dabbling, synergistic yoofs lol. Don't get me wrong, there not silicon coasters, but if I had the choice between the last gen Athlon 64 and a latest gen Sempron I'd go for the Athlon.

I still have my old athlon

what I would love if some one had the mony to give me one is one of the new convertable laptops with an AMD in it ( i have an intell hatered thats stems from a few fires and lost appartments)

anyway I think thay are kinda cool espeshily with the HW recignishion , then again my handwrighting is rather crapy . I still want socks ( im a geek who like sock funny am i weird?)

Just a little background information on Christmas...

Christmas was setup to lure Pagans to Christianity about two centuries after Christs death. The pagans would celebrate the Winter Solstice in what was called The Saturnalia, during Dec 17-24th I believe. This was to bring the sun back from it's travels, as the days were shorter and shorter. By having Christ's birth at the 25th is was something that could be weened into their, the pagans, beliefs. The Saturnalia was a time of gift giving, as well.

The true Christians of bible times did not celebrate Jesus birth, nor anyone else's. As well during that time it was something that only pagans had done.

I use the term pagans loosely and not derogatory, as in anyone not Christian.

Also the bible describes Jesus birth at a time when the shepherds and their flocks were living outdoors. During the time of December it is very very cold and wet in Bethlehem. The bible describes it as a time when you would not want to be out at all. Obviously it would also not be the time that the government would tell everyone to go to Jerusalem to register.

So it's obvious Jesus wasn't born during anytime in December. Nor is the holiday of Christmas anything to do with true Christianity, but actually of pagan origin. Besides that now it's been turned into truly a commercial holiday, just like almost every holiday. Also nations that aren't so called "christian", like China, their biggest monetary holiday is Christmas.

Btw, I don't celebrate Christmas. It's almost like seeing a piece of really good candy on the ground. While the candy looks nice and probably tastes good, but who knows where it's been. You could get herpes or something else nasty.

Anyways...

---

Proceed ... :D