Can Captive portal (Evil portal) use files from SD card?

lxx

Captive portal (Evil portal 2) is up and running. Because of the limited internal space, I want to use the sd card to store the pictures for the background and the buttons..

Now i shows:

$imagesdir/wifidog.png

But I want the images to be loaded from the sd card

/sd/html/$imagesdir/

the folder in /sd/html is just called images

Captive portal (Evil portal 2) is up and running. Because of the limited internal space, I want to use the sd card to store the pictures for the background and the buttons..

Now i shows:

$imagesdir/wifidog.png

But I want the images to be loaded from the sd card

/sd/html/$imagesdir/

the folder in /sd/html is just called images

Totally possible! You can create a symbolic link to you images on to that folder so: ln -s /sd/myimage.jpg /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images/

I think there is also a way to change the value of $imagesdir in the nodogsplash configuration which you can access through the configuration tab or in /etc/nodogsplash/nodogsplash.conf

@newbi3,

Thank for the reply.

Unfortunately nodogslash configuration file does not include the "image" part, so I can't change the &imagedir path :(.

Where should I put the "ln -s /sd/myimage.jpg /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images/", so that I can still view the files from the sd.

Tnx, your the best :)

"ln" is a command that creates links. The "-s" switch says this is a symbolic link and not a hard link which is what we want in this case. "/sd/myimage.jpg" would be the image or folder containing images or whatever other file you are going to create a link for. "/etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images/" is the path to create the link in.

So the syntax is this:

ln -s <source_file> <destination>

You would run this from the command line

Tnx,

It works :), your the best :d

I'll try (on my own ....lol) to figure out how to make this line automatic, so when I reset the MKV, it will be like the same as you explained. If it doesn't work I will let you know. I'm new to linux (terminal) , but with my friend google I hope to succeed.

It works

I made the following schript en placed it in /etc/init.d/

#!/bin/bash

# This script will put symbol links from sd card to /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs folder

ln -s /sd/ /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images/

I called the file imgfromsd and made the imgfromsd file executable. Don't know if this is the correct way, but it works ;).

Also I recommend against linking everything in /sd to that the images folder. You should make a folder in /sd and link only that folder.

ln -s /sd/sd_images /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images