telnet

hakgipc

Because I got time, I'll try to give you a nice answer :wink:

Telnet basically permits you to get control remotely to another machine with command line.

Its port number is 23.

It isn't used much anymore because telnet isn't secure at all. As there is not encryption during the telnet session, every data is seen in clear. When you connect via telnet, your password can be intercepted.

That's why ssh appeared which makes the same thing but it is more secure.

Normally telnet shoudn't be used anymore but there still are some equipments using telnet as some switchs, routers/modem ,...

is it just me a or a lot of simple question that can be answered using a Google or wikipedia search popping up lately

No this is just hakgipc he does it a lot, I'm sure he has no short term memory... it's kinda sad really.

l0l Welcome to Hak.5 hakgipc :P

is it just me a or a lot of simple question that can be answered using a Google or wikipedia search popping up lately

No this is just hakgipc he does it a lot, I'm sure he has no short term memory... it's kinda sad really.

im not complaining about people getting information and just getting opinions but whenever i have a computer related question a google or wikipedia search will solve most problems and would save a lot or people's time in repling **Sigh**, i guess never mind

im not complaining about people getting information and just getting opinions but whenever i have a computer related question a google or wikipedia search will solve most problems and would save a lot or people's time in repling **Sigh**, i guess never mind

thus the reson I and other are working on a short flash pice to intoroduce people to the fourms I should go add a wiki seen to the script right now.