Wireshark overload

bwanaaa

OK…so I can load wireshark and see my packets. But today with Web 2.o there are a number of ads popping up no matter where I go and there seems to be a lot of traffic completely unrelated to the web page I am interested in (or thought I was interested in). I understand everyone needs to make money, but is there any way to find out and focus on the traffic to the web page I am interested in? For example, try going to pcgamer while wireshark is running in the background, Even if you only click on one article to read, wireshark logs countless packets from ad sites - many of which come from cdns like akamai etc so you don't even know what is really going on. It seems that there are a lot of ip addresses and I ave to highlight them individually and then click on 'resolve name' to find out where they are form. Is there any way to 'auto-resolve' packets so I can quickly identify the conversations I am interested in??

Thank you.

Is there any way to 'auto-resolve' packets so I can quickly identify the conversations I am interested in??

https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/37680/can-wireshark-automatically-resolve-the-ip-address-into-host-names

and then to filter out the sites you don't care about:

https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/33938/how-can-i-filter-by-website-names

Edited by Sildaekar