Need help with vid/pid

Hello, I wanted to know if I can change the vid/pid of my ducky so that it doesn't spend some installing some drivers because sometimes it can be slow.

How can I get my current keyboard's vid/pid and how would I go about changing it on the ducky?

Hello, I wanted to know if I can change the vid/pid of my ducky so that it doesn't spend some installing some drivers because sometimes it can be slow.

How can I get my current keyboard's vid/pid and how would I go about changing it on the ducky?

Unfortunately whenever you plug in a device the first thing it does is look for the latest driver in it's database for it. On Windows you can manually skip the process of looking for a driver but it still takes time.

Unfortunately whenever you plug in a device the first thing it does is look for the latest driver in it's database for it. On Windows you can manually skip the process of looking for a driver but it still takes time.

Yes but I was looking around the forums and I read that if you change the vid/pid then it doesn't need to do this.

Yes but I was looking around the forums and I read that if you change the vid/pid then it doesn't need to do this.

I could be wrong but unless the Windows Machine has the same VID/PID installed you're gonna have the same issue. As I said I could be wrong but if it was that easy to bypass it I would have assumed that someone would have set that as default by now, seeing as when you plug the Ducky into a new device that is the default process to go through.

The reason behind the VID/PID mod was so that admins couldn't hardware blacklist your Ducky.

Nice idea though, I hope I'm wrong about this. It's a pain to have to wait, but, c'est la vie!

I could be wrong but unless the Windows Machine has the same VID/PID installed you're gonna have the same issue. As I said I could be wrong but if it was that easy to bypass it I would have assumed that someone would have set that as default by now, seeing as when you plug the Ducky into a new device that is the default process to go through.

The reason behind the VID/PID mod was so that admins couldn't hardware blacklist your Ducky.

Nice idea though, I hope I'm wrong about this. It's a pain to have to wait, but, c'est la vie!

All the computers use the exact same keyboard which is why I want to do this. Sometimes it takes more than 8 seconds to install. By the time it installs the drivers I could have manually done the payload.

Ok so after some more searching I read that I need I need to flash my ducky to duck_v2.1.hex but can someone exactly tell me how to manually set a vid/pid ?

If you haven't already flashed duck_v2.1.hex, there's instructions on the wiki.

Once you've done that, put the 2 byte VID followed by the 2 byte PID in a file called vidpid.bin on the root of your SD card.

In GNU/Linux, you can do that easily:

perl -e 'print pack "H*", "17f60709"' > /path/to/sdcard/vidpid.bin