Set up, wireless point, not pinging

pr0m0

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give.

When I setup the pineapple, I didn't see the option to set it up to connect to the UI over wifi. So my pings are failing etc... and would be super cool to be able to correct that.

At the moment I can connect to the pa through an ethernet, however it won't find an IP address nor firmware updates. It does still allow things like Karma to work.

The internet facing wifi card is set to sharing and the pineapple facing ethernet is set to obtain the IP automatically. When I put in the actual IP/MAC/DNS, the network becomes unidentified and everything stops working.

I don't think it has anything to do with the wifi card in my laptop ( Killer MSI ).

What I really want to do is to be able to create a UI connectable to wifi so I can access it from my phone etc..

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give.

When I setup the pineapple, I didn't see the option to set it up to connect to the UI over wifi. So my pings are failing etc... and would be super cool to be able to correct that.

At the moment I can connect to the pa through an ethernet, however it won't find an IP address nor firmware updates. It does still allow things like Karma to work.

The internet facing wifi card is set to sharing and the pineapple facing ethernet is set to obtain the IP automatically. When I put in the actual IP/MAC/DNS, the network becomes unidentified and everything stops working.

I don't think it has anything to do with the wifi card in my laptop ( Killer MSI ).

What I really want to do is to be able to create a UI connectable to wifi so I can access it from my phone etc..

Thanks!

Please DO search before starting a new Topic on something that has already been discussed and solved.

Well if you went through the Pineapple Setup process when you first got your pineapple. In the very beginning it will ask you to setup your password and username as well as setting up a WPA2 Wifi Network so you can remotely access your pineapple over its internal wifi network.

Once you are able to log into the pineapple and you can see the web interface there is a Tab called "Network" if you click on the tab it will open into a large tile and will have several other Tabs and one of those is called "Client Mode". Click on "Client Mode" and look for your Access point to supply the Wifi Pineapple with internet.

A simple search shows these videos

How to setup Mark V with Windows

How to connect to AP in Client Mode

hey CD,

thanks for your response. I took a great deal of time looking for myself. Those links still don't solve my problems. I must have completely missed that set-up, I'll just reset it to factory setting and have another crack.