Simple Mark V Question...Please Help!

aerojock101

I know this is probably a very simple problem and hopefully it's just something I'm overlooking.

I just upgraded to the newest firmware and from what I can tell everything went the way it was supposed to, but now whenever I power on my pineapple I get a red steady light which I know means MD5 mismatch but after the red light turns off and after it finishes booting the flashing blue light becomes a solid blue light and never turns off. From what I read the pineapple should ony have a solid green light after it has booted if the all that's plugged into it is the power cord. I need to know if my pineapple is bricked or this just an oversight on my part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance...

Hi aerojock101,

In more recent releases of the WiFi Pineapple MKV firmware, the LED behavior has changed.

First of all, on boot, the blue LED will blink until the boot is completed. On the first boot after a firmware install, a LED pattern will blink, showing it is ready for setup. After that, the LEDs mean the following:

Green: Power is being supplied to the device.

Amber: Ethernet connected. If the light flickers, there is network activity.

Blue: Wlan0 enabled. If the light flickers, there is network activity.

Red: Wlan1 connected. If the light flickers, there is network activity.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I thank you both for your prompt replies to my question. I might not of explained properly what part of the indicator lights on the MarkV that have me a little confused.

The Wifi Pineapple, by itself without any connections made to it whatsoever. With the only cord attached to it being the power cord...Is there anything abnormal about the fact that after it boots up and the blinking blue light stops and the two lights I'm left with are solid blue and solid green? The green light should obviously always be solid green because that indicates power but from what I've read the solid blue should only only be on while the firmware is upgrading.

Just to reiterate, after the boot process completes, I'm left with a solid green and solid blue light. Regardless of what the pineapple is doing and again with no wireless or ethernet connection established the light remains solid blue. Is this normal, or would this be an indicator that I may have a defective unit.

Hopefully I explained that a little more clear than I did in my original post.

Again, Thank you in advance to anyone willing to give me some additional feedback.

So, are the default APs (secure and insecure) up? Blue is wlan0, right?

So if you just upgraded the firmware and set the password, and authenticated physical presence, and rebooted, you would expect the Green (Pwr) and blue (radio0) to be on by default.

Connect to one of those APs, and I'll bet you make the blue light flicker.

Edit: I don't remember if the secure AP comes up by default, but the insecure one does for sure.

Edited by fringes

I thank you both for your prompt replies to my question. I might not of explained properly what part of the indicator lights on the MarkV that have me a little confused.

The Wifi Pineapple, by itself without any connections made to it whatsoever. With the only cord attached to it being the power cord...Is there anything abnormal about the fact that after it boots up and the blinking blue light stops and the two lights I'm left with are solid blue and solid green? The green light should obviously always be solid green because that indicates power but from what I've read the solid blue should only only be on while the firmware is upgrading.

Just to reiterate, after the boot process completes, I'm left with a solid green and solid blue light. Regardless of what the pineapple is doing and again with no wireless or ethernet connection established the light remains solid blue. Is this normal, or would this be an indicator that I may have a defective unit.

Hopefully I explained that a little more clear than I did in my original post.

Again, Thank you in advance to anyone willing to give me some additional feedback.

Please re-read my reply, you will find your answer there.

Blue and green LEDs solid is what you want. I'd you connect ethernet, you'll also notice the amber LED lighting up. Etc.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hi aerojock101,

Red: Wlan1 enabled. If the light flickers, there is network activity.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

On my device red light only flashes upon boot, never when I enable wlan1, red ligth is never on. Does this mean that its something wrong with my device?

(I do have some other issues, maybe it's related?)

On my device red light only flashes upon boot, never when I enable wlan1, red ligth is never on. Does this mean that its something wrong with my device?

(I do have some other issues, maybe it's related?)

You sould be conected as a client mode with wlan1 if you do not have network activity it won´t flash. Your pineapple it´s right...

Red: Wlan1 enabled. If the light flickers, there is network activity.